X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triple J
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.7.x

Dream Host and vBulletin

I recently bought a vBulletin license and with a suggestion from another resource site, I signed up with Dream Host as my chosen webhost. Already I'm scratching my head, wondering if this was a good idea after all. Is Dream Host worth sticking with, or should I start looking for another webhost?
  • Interdit
    • May 2002
    • 3.8.x

Why sould you leave ?

Try it for a few months and you will see if it's running smoothly and can get nice response time from the support.

Good luck with your new board,
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

• gigapros
      • May 2008
      • 3.7.x

What problems are you exactly facing with Dreamhost? Did you try to contact them to resolve it?
      GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
      ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
      FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
      We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

• Triple J
        • Jan 2009
        • 3.7.x

Yeah, everything actually turned out all right. It's just that their layout isn't exactly the easiest to navigate through. But so far, my forum is up and running without any problems. Here's to hoping things continue to be good.

Comment

• gigapros
          • May 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Triple J
          Yeah, everything actually turned out all right. It's just that their layout isn't exactly the easiest to navigate through. But so far, my forum is up and running without any problems. Here's to hoping things continue to be good.
          You mean...their control panel is not as good as you expected?

Comment

• Triple J
            • Jan 2009
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by gigapros
            You mean...their control panel is not as good as you expected?
            Yeah, you could say that.

Comment

• gigapros
              • May 2008
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Triple J
              Yeah, you could say that.
              Dreamhost uses their own custom control panel. It wouldn't matter to you unless you are trying to move your site to another provider. The migration will not be as easy as few clicks (like in CPanel).

Comment

• aussiefooty
                • Nov 2008
                • 6.0.X

I just had a look at this site and if anything it's too expensive.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Leo Brazil
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 3.8.x

I've been using Dreamhost for about one year. Their control panel is really great for sure but what really matters is support and when you need their people you're dead.

Triple J, my case was just like yours, I've started my board with them and at the beginning, I mean few users and posts it was really good but after one year when this board increased a lot their shared plains just couldn't handle with my board so I moved for their VPS plain that's expensive in concept if you compare to other good and better hosts, it helped a lot but not as good as I expected.
                  When you have just a few members it's not a big deal in getting your board down for one day or two but you'll see what it's gonna happen to your e-mail box when this happens and you have a considerable numbers of addicted people to your board and not saying about revenue income and other losses....

The last nail in their coffin for me was that I spent 3 entire days with my board down because their support couldn't deal with a basic "Error 28" on my database. They just drove me crazy and I wrote them tons of messages informing exactly what they should do to fix their problem and they just insisted the problem was mine replying my messages with single sentences like "your database is OK the problem is on your side". After more than 30 e-mails, one good soul there decided to read what I was saying since the beginning and he said: "Ops, only now I read that you're facing "error 28" on your database and this problem is really from our side.

Think about especially if your not a system manament expert because you'll need to do almost everything by your self and when need their support you may end up like my situation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...