X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheKdd
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.7.x

Looking to change Hosts

I am VERY small... just started, haven't fully opened yet, and have only about 40 members at this time. Will advertise and grow soon, but am already having problems with the site going down and "mysql line 311" errors. I was told this is a server related problem.

Since I am having these problems already, I would like to move to a host that is more stable while I grow.

I have heard GlobalGold is great, but I am in the U.S. Would it be unwise for me to use them? Can someone suggest a good host? I am currently with inmotion (mad I chose them now that I see all the complaints in here.)

Thanks in advance!
  • aaraam
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.8.x

try raajjehost.com my forum last 5years on this host
    if you want help PM me

竞彩足球二串一,竞彩足球,二串一,投注计划,⎝⎛【娱乐尽在复制http://www.577bobty.com到浏览器】⎞⎠作文网,作文,小学生作文,初中生作文,高中作文,高考满分作文,中考满分作文,小学作文,写作素材,优秀作文,英语作文
    Last edited by aaraam; Mon 10 Nov '08, 12:36pm.

Comment

• Sellaman
      • Nov 2008

I have used 50webs for about 3 years for my art gallery and never had any problems.

Comment

• rolypoly
        • Apr 2001

I had used www.mxhub.com for about 3 years now. So far so good. Great support & hardly any downtime.

Comment

• gigapros
          • May 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by TheKdd
          40 members at this time
          40 members is absolutely nothing for even the smallest shared hosting.
          Have you contacted your host to try to resolve this issue?
          GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
          ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
          FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
          We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

• TheKdd
            • Oct 2008
            • 3.7.x

I sent a message in today and haven't heard back yet.

I totally agree. This problem started not long after I started (as you can see with my oh so many members lol) and so I figured this can't be good, with as few as I have. I didn't take the lowest offering the host had either... I took the business plan, so really, it shouldn't be causing these issues. I did read however someone else saying that when they contacted inmotion, they told them it was a VB thing, and they don't support VB... which is why I was thinking of changing now before I get any bigger.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Comment

• TheKdd
              • Oct 2008
              • 3.7.x

Looking through mysql, it shows the wait timeout at 30. I asked my current server to upgrade this a bit, and they said they cannot do that on a shared server, it's as high as it goes. (Even though I am using their higher paid shared hosting service) I am assuming this is the reason for the time outs and database errors.

As I only have 40 members right now and this is a problem, shouldn't I move to a more accommodating host (if there is such a thing?)

Comment

• gigapros
                • May 2008
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by TheKdd
                Looking through mysql, it shows the wait timeout at 30. I asked my current server to upgrade this a bit, and they said they cannot do that on a shared server, it's as high as it goes.
                In that case, you definitely need to look for a new host. But before switching, simply ask them the same question whether they are willing to change their MySQL timeout higher than 30 secs.
                GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
                ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
                FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
                We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

• takita787
                  • Nov 2008

I'd reccomend http://www.hostgator.com

Theyve been great im currently on a shared plan with them, and recently had over 300 people online at once for a good 12 hours; still was just as fast loading as normal. Ive really tested their limits and have yet to have 1 complaint/issue. Enjoy

Comment

• alemcherry
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by takita787
                    They are actually a good option, if your budget is below $100 per year. Good uptime and support, they have many happy customers here, and a few unhappy as well.
                    Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• TheKdd
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 3.7.x

Well I went with Hostgator. Hopefully, being as small as I am still, it will work.

Giga, I did go back to my host, ask about the time-out again, and they said no, that it would be unfair to the other sites on my shared server, and told me something must be wrong with my vb.

Whatever... they had a 90 day money back guarantee... I'm sure it will be an uphill battle to get some money back from them, hopefully not... but we will see I guess.

Thank you to everyone that responded! I couldn't have done it without you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...