X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

GoDaddy Hosting - Have You Used It?

It looks like GoDaddy.com has upgraded their shared hosting, and it meets what I need. I also have domains and email services through them so going with the same company for my web hosting would be great for me to keep things organized.

Has anyone used vBulletin on their Windows Shared hosting yet? Does it work well? Last time I checked about a year ago they did not support installing applications like vBulletin on their shared hosting, now they tell me they do support vBulletin.

I'm trying to find out how well GoDaddy's hosting is, and how well it works with vBulletin, how is their hosting support?

Thanks.
  • Haltech
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

i used them for about a month on the highest configured shared server i could get around March of 08... It worked about 3 weeks for me. As soon as i hit anywhere from 50-75 uses with a lot of forum activity, i was experiencing severe slow down. I was forced to goto dedicated at that point.

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

Well have you used JodoHost.com? I've used them before, they are good but I don't like that they are in India and the support can't speak english.

Plus I would rather deal with a company located inside the united states just incase anything ever happened I have some laws that can help me, if they are in India I'm sure they would shut down and delete my entire website and I would never be able to do anything about it.

Comment

• rolypoly
        • Apr 2001

I prefer to host my vbulletin on a linux server.. linux used less resource and more secure.

Comment

• alemcherry
          • Jun 2006

Dont try to host any serious PHP app on godady windows plans. PHP on windows comes with most of the useful functions disabled. Linux is a must for serious PHP applications.
          Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• NegativeSmoke
            • Apr 2008

I use godaddy's linux host and it's perfectly fine for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...