How is GlobalGold as a host??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pauli
    • Dec 2004

I am in the US and use GlobalGold and I can't see where it makes any difference at all. They are a great company and Tim is very dedicated to making sure you get your site up and running very quickly.

I left my original hosting company I was with for about 5 years, the one I went with was a nightmare.. I then switched to Global and couldn't be more pleased. The support is great and they are very knowledgeable about vBulletin.

I think you have to be very careful in recommending a hosting company, I went with a recommendation on here about my previous hosting company, but I will not hesitate one bit in recommending GlobalGold. One thing with Global, Tim will not hesitate to give you references that you can check out for yourself if you like.

Comment

• crazzyustad
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

ok, i started the thread and yes i moved to Global gold and its running well...no issues at all...Tim is great...
      thanks

Comment

• manning
        • Apr 2007

Curious what plans you guys with huge boards are using - is it one of the VPS or a DS or are you using one of the VB designed services?

Comment

• Jah-Hools
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by manning
          Curious what plans you guys with huge boards are using - is it one of the VPS or a DS or are you using one of the VB designed services?
          Two machines in use here..

As I understand it some of Global Golds VB forums run on 3 and even 4 machines..
          Last edited by Jah-Hools; Fri 2 Jan '09, 5:55am.

Comment

• xnetco
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by manning
            If you have a large board then they'll probably put together a custom setup. How much traffic does yours get?
            Tim
            Nimbus Hosting
            www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

• Leo Brazil
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.8.x

One more vote for Globalgold.

For those in US concerned about using it because it's in UK, there's nothing to worry. I'm in Brazil and just signed with them and it's been great so far. Tim from Globalgold took care of everything to change from my previus host for them and it was really fast and smooth.

If you're just like me having nightmares every week with your host, I recomend Global Gost, for me it's been better than my usual sleeping pills.

Comment

• Crax
                • May 2008
                • 3.6.x

I just signed up with Global Gold after having a bunch of problems with our other host.

Tim was fantastic to work with, actually responded to all my questions and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a host that actually knows how vbulletin works.

I'm also from the U.S. and even though there is a timezone difference, I don't feel it's an issue with how great the support is.

Comment

• Gizmo99
                  • Feb 2002
                  • 5.5.x

A large Thumbs up for Global from us

We moved from NTT Verio, very good price and Tim and his teams knowledge and Support is fantastic.

And the server is superfast

Chris
                  http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk

Comment

• McJ
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.5.x

Been with Global Gold since 2000 and their service and support has always been outstanding. I started with shared hosting way back when and I now have a dedicated server running my main magazine and vBulletin forum. (posts: 3,363,877, members: 35,843, concurrent online: 400-500). The whole process of upgrading from shared to dedicated was seamless. They pretty much did it all for me.

I would recommend them 100%. More so because I've tried out many UK and U.S. hosting companies (including some rather big names) and no one comes close. This post may read like a glowing endorsement, but they certainly deserve it.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
                    www.tombraiderforums.com

Comment

• Jon in Oakland
                      • Dec 2008

I recently launched my first vbulletin website:

www.RoughingThePunter.com

I went with Global Gold based on what I read in this thread. So far I've been very pleased. Pages load fast, the price is right and Tim is there when I have questions or need advice. I'm very optimistic about the success of my board and I hope to grow with Global Gold. Feel free to contact me through my website if you have any questions.

Comment

• CoRRuPt
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3.7.x

Amazing hosting.....amazing customer support!

Comment

• manning
                          • Apr 2007

Anyone using global gold know the path to mogrify?

FIXED - it wasnt installed - thats why I couldnt find it. Thanks to Tim and Global for getting it going first thing this morning!
                          Last edited by manning; Mon 26 Jan '09, 5:44am. Reason: FIXED

Comment

• manning
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CoRRuPt
                            Amazing hosting.....amazing customer support!
                            Do they offer 24/7 support?

Comment

• silentdub
                              • Jan 2009

Made my decision easy, I was just looking for a joint to hose me.

Done.

They will even install VB for free.

Done and done.

Comment

• Andrea86
                                • Dec 2008

Hi, I heartily recommend Global Gold. I was completely new to vB thus Tim installed the forum for free and inquires from time to time whether everything is okay. I`m very pleased with the service, it is what it`s meant to be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...