• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazzyustad
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

How is GlobalGold as a host??

Hey guys i have a new yet big forum....
    we are 6 months old and have 6000 members and have 20-40 users online anythime. Max being 100. We are growing at 1500-2000 members per month

Please suggest me a shared host and also tell me how is GLOBAL GOLD Uk as host
  • AdrianH
    • Sep 2007

Hi just saw this, GlobalGold are truly excellent as many vB admins will tell you.

If you talk to Tim at GlobalGold he will be able to give you a long list of vB forums to check out.

The service is amazing and you can upgrade services without any hassle whenever you need it, I have had superb performance on my VPS from day one.

Comment

• rudgej
      • Feb 2007
      • 3.6.x

Another vote for GlobalGold from me too.

I'm involved in the technical aspects of http://www.inspiring-photography.com, and when we were having performance problems with a previous host, we decided to move to GlobalGold.

I also spoke to Tim too, and he was a great help in discussing GlobalGold hosting options, and then personally did the actual move from our old host to GlobalGold. All in all, a very smooth service, no performance issues at all, and very responsive to any questions (unlike our previous host).

Comment

• Didzi
        • Apr 2007

http://www.globalgold.co.uk really are a top quality host. I have just started my own forum with them and the speed is very impressive and the customer service is the best service I have ever had from any company.

visit http://www.globalgold.co.uk/dedicate...m_hosting.html to see some of their hosted forums

Comment

• rudgej
          • Feb 2007
          • 3.6.x

Good suggestion to view the hosted forums Didikoy. Apart from mine being listed there... GlobalGold also host AVForums, and with 260,000 members (over 2000 active when I checked) and 7.4 million posts, if they host that, then crazzyustad's 6000 members should be fine.

crazzyustad, that's an impressive growth rate, what sort of forum are you running?

Comment

• crazzyustad
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by rudgej
            Good suggestion to view the hosted forums Didikoy. Apart from mine being listed there... GlobalGold also host AVForums, and with 260,000 members (over 2000 active when I checked) and 7.4 million posts, if they host that, then crazzyustad's 6000 members should be fine.

crazzyustad, that's an impressive growth rate, what sort of forum are you running?
            I am running an educational portal...do u people thnk if i take the VB 200 plans of Global gold it would suit be as of now??

Comment

• AdrianH
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by crazzyustad
              I am running an educational portal...do u people thnk if i take the VB 200 plans of Global gold it would suit be as of now??
              That would be a good plan for the stats you give and you can upgrade anytime you need.
              Give them a call and they will advise you based on your exact needs and usage.

Comment

• rudgej
                • Feb 2007
                • 3.6.x

I found them fine with regard to which package to take. Indeed, when I asked about going for a particular level, Tim advised that a cheaper one would be a better fit (i.e. the company put my needs before their profits).

They also wouldn't suddenly block your site if you hit any limits, as I discovered when I reached my default disk space limit. I had apparently done so a week or so earlier, and when I called up to discuss it, my limit was then doubled there and then (and at no extra cost).

Comment

• crazzyustad
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Hey guys whats the available bandwidth and disk space for V200 package??

Comment

• rudgej
                    • Feb 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by crazzyustad
                    Hey guys whats the available bandwidth and disk space for V200 package??
                    I'm not sure I'm afraid, but why not drop them an email? [email protected]

Comment

• TalkPhotography
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 3.6.x

Another vote for GlobalGold here. We're with them. Have been for nearly a year. Helpful, friendly, and damn good uptimes

The UK's largest free photography community and discussion forum

11.5k Members, 300-350 online at one time.

Comment

• Jah-Hools
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Excellent!

3,000 + online at peak times

No probs!

The have a very solid VB understanding - whereas other hosts might say - "Well.. there are your machines... Er...umm... Good luck!"

Thumbs up!

Comment

• TheKdd
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 3.7.x

Is it wise to use GG for someone in the U.S. or would that be unwise?

Sorry... I'm new LOL

Comment

• Max Johnson
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by TheKdd

Sorry... I'm new LOL
                            Second this question. I know the world is getting smaller all the time but would this really matter?

Comment

• aussiefooty
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TheKdd

Sorry... I'm new LOL
                              It would all depend if you are from the U.S. Ask the person that you are setting up the host for.
                              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...