Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silentdub
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Andrea86
    Hi, I heartily recommend Global Gold. I was completely new to vB thus Tim installed the forum for free and inquires from time to time whether everything is okay. I`m very pleased with the service, it is what it`s meant to be.

Do most services have a limit on the number of users though, I am looking that over, and it seems that there is a limit of 200 users for the economy plan. the 750 option gets real expensive after that.

I guess I need to contact them and find out.

Comment

• xnetco
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by silentdub
      Do most services have a limit on the number of users though, I am looking that over, and it seems that there is a limit of 200 users for the economy plan. the 750 option gets real expensive after that.

I guess I need to contact them and find out.
      Those prices are just a guide of how many simultaneous online users the platform can handle.
      Tim
      Nimbus Hosting
      www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

• silentdub
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by xnetco
        Those prices are just a guide of how many simultaneous online users the platform can handle.

Oh ok, so it isn't a real count, just a guarantee that it will handle 200, there could be another 100 people just sitting back doing nothing then.

Comment

• xnetco
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by silentdub
          Oh ok, so it isn't a real count, just a guarantee that it will handle 200, there could be another 100 people just sitting back doing nothing then.
          Exactly. Just a guide really.
          Tim
          Nimbus Hosting

Comment

• Fender
            • Jan 2009
            • 3.8.x

I am in Canada and just transferred from GoDaddy over to GlobalGold. I could NOT be happier. The service with Tim is the best I've ever experienced for any kind of product. All the problems and errors I was having with Godaddy are now GONE. I highly recommend them for a vBulletin host!!!!

Comment

• jack-d
              • Oct 2006

After reading all of the positive comments about Global I just called Tim and I must say that I was rather impressed.

So I have decided to move and hopefully the service will be as good as everyone has said.

Tim was very helpful and in fact he is going to do the move himself which is a surprise to me. I have always done this myself and thought what the hell, I can sit back and relax and let Tim take care of it.

I guess I will know in a few days how things are working and I will update this later if anyone is interested in Global feedback.

Comment

• ia021170
                • Nov 2008

I took out a plan with GlobalGold yesterday and Tim has been most helpful in getting everything moved over from my old server.
                Highly recommended!

Comment

• monstermunch
                  • Jun 2005

I would be interested to know what packages people took out with global gold and how big their forums are, anyone care to share? thanks

Comment

• TalkPhotography
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Theyre spot on IMO. They host our Photography Forum for us, and we' couldn't be happier.

Any problems (which have been very very few) have been rectified quickly.

Our forum is roughly 400-500 on at any one time (including guests).
                    1700 members per day
                    250 threads per day
                    3000 posts per day

Don't have any slowdowns either, and the server copes with the times we've had stupidly high peaks too, without breaking a sweat.
                    Last edited by TalkPhotography; Tue 3 Feb '09, 4:49am.

Comment

• monstermunch
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by TalkPhotography
                      Theyre spot on IMO. They host our Photography Forum for us, and we' couldn't be happier.

Any problems (which have been very very few) have been rectified quickly.

Our forum is roughly 400-500 on at any one time (including guests).
                      1700 members per day
                      250 threads per day
                      3000 posts per day

Don't have any slowdowns either, and the server copes with the times we've had stupidly high peaks too, without breaking a sweat.
                      Sounds good, are you on a dedicated server or one of their VPS packages?

Comment

• xnetco
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by monstermunch
                        Sounds good, are you on a dedicated server or one of their VPS packages?
                        They use a VPS.
                        Tim
                        Nimbus Hosting

Comment

• monstermunch
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by xnetco
                          They use a VPS.
                          I thought they also offered dedicated when i looked at their website

Comment

• xnetco
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by monstermunch
                            I thought they also offered dedicated when i looked at their website
                            They offer, shared, VPS/VMs and dedicated.
                            Tim
                            Nimbus Hosting

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...