Attention: HostPro Customers - Introducing the new Interland!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heikin
    • Mar 2001

Attention: HostPro Customers - Introducing the new Interland!

On August 6, 2001 Micron Electronics, Inc., the parent corporation of HostPro, Inc., acquired Interland, Inc. This combination created the new Interland, the leading business-class Web hosting provider to small and medium businesses.

On September 24, 2001, Interland launched a redesigned, integrated Web site featuring new, consolidated product and value-added service offerings, which will provide the performance, reliability, scalability and security that you need to meet your hosting requirements.

Please visit www.interland.com to review and learn about our new company, robust Reseller Program, advanced online ordering system, and more.

If you are a current HostPro customer, please visit http://www.interland.com/legacyhostpro for important information regarding your HostPro accounts.
    I tried so hard to be perfect...
    but I did make a couple of booboos. Of course, none of them are my fault :-).
    Acts of God, it seems.
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

after 1 year at inter**** I would strongly advise against anyone hosting there.

In one single night they knocked out the power to my server 3 times, causing unrecoverable corruption to my databse, costing me about 250k posts on my forum. The tech who told me what happened nearly lost his job for it.

When I ended my contract with them and moved where I am now (www.venturesonline.com) they didn't take the server offline and tried to bill me an additional 3 months for their mistake.

It took them MONTHS to get my account straight when I first set up there, they lied to me about which datacenter my server would be in, etc, etc, etc. One of the guys here (werehere) was being billed for a Dual 600 and actually had a Single 500.

When it came time to renew my contract they wanted $22,000 fr the next year.

If you have virtual hosting with them, they run PHP as CGI, which will cause slowdowns in your databases.

I cannot urge you strongly enough to stay the hell away from them
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

i'd have to agree with Martin, i was virtually hosted with Interland 2 yrs ago and it was going down hill with support ever since the online ticket/support system came in place.

They also try to lock you into 12 to 24 month contracts..
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• ReeToric
        • Dec 2003

My recent experience with them wasn't much better - didn't add my domain to the zone file, on cancellation only gave me a pro-rata refund, even though this was within a week or so of opening the account. My advice - don;t waste your time or money here

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This thread is more than 2 years old.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...