Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mustangempire
    • Sep 2008

How long is the wait for a host?

I just signed up with MJWEBHOSTING.COM. I was just wondering how long is the wait before I can start using it. Also How can I merge my Domain and my forum? My Domain is with Godaddy.com and my forum will be with MJWEBHOSTING.COM.
  • royo
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

They'll probably send you an e-mail telling you to change the nameservers of your domain at godaddy.
    Oppressed.

Comment

• mustangempire
      • Sep 2008

I'm having trouble going past step 2 on the vBulletin install I get this error code:

Well I have everything set but now I go through the process of installing vBulletin and on step to I get this error message and I can't go on. It says I don't have permission. Can you guys help me please. This is what I get on the screen:

Attempting to attach to database
      Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /home/clubmust/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311
      The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

What do I do??

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The most likely cause of this error is that the info in your config.php file is wrong or your db user does not have full permissions to this database. Please read this for all the known causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mustangempire
          • Sep 2008

I am using MJWebhosting. But I can't really get in touch with anyone???? I have been sendng messages left and right. They have a cPanel button so I can login but I can't even do that. This is really weird. Has anyone dealt with them??? I just might switch webhosts.

Comment

• AdrianH
            • Sep 2007

Very odd set up indeed.

A Who Is Look up shows them as a UK company, the server they are on is at Hopone in the USA yet they are not on their reseller list. They boast hosting "numerous" vBulletin forums including thier own 14000 member forum (yet the URL is not given) but their own support forum is phpbb3 and unused.

NETWORK:
            Our dedicated servers are located on the fastest DCs on the East and West Coasts of North America. Guaranteed 99.99% uptime and 24 x 7 x 365 support.
            We are just an email away
            You should not have to wait for support,this is why "cheap" is useless.

Comment

• encryption
              • May 2005

Originally posted by mustangempire
              I am using MJWebhosting. But I can't really get in touch with anyone???? I have been sendng messages left and right. They have a cPanel button so I can login but I can't even do that. This is really weird. Has anyone dealt with them??? I just might switch webhosts.
              mate, if you send messages left and right through vbulletin, it's not going to reach the right department, when I sent you the welcome message, I also sent you specific email address to contact me for further assistance, but you've left a message on my profile on here and contacted me via email on vbulletin, which do not go to the webhosting account. clearly there was going to be a delay in response.

I've once again sent you a PM for the right email address (which also forwards to my blackberry) and feel free to to contact me for any further clarification. If you need me to install the vbulletin, just let me know. (FYI the response email address that I received from your emails on vbulletin are failing)
              Last edited by encryption; Thu 4 Sep '08, 4:59am.
              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• encryption
                • May 2005

would recommend before you decide to post some info about a situation you know little of, its better to take the humble approach. my website (with over 26,000 members now) is listed in my signature

unless ya miss it, it's www.mercuryserver.com

Originally posted by CareyCrew
                Very odd set up indeed.

A Who Is Look up shows them as a UK company, the server they are on is at Hopone in the USA yet they are not on their reseller list. They boast hosting "numerous" vBulletin forums including thier own 14000 member forum (yet the URL is not given) but their own support forum is phpbb3 and unused.

You should not have to wait for support,this is why "cheap" is useless.
                Last edited by encryption; Thu 4 Sep '08, 5:21am.

Comment

• AdrianH
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by encryption
                  would recommend before you decide to post some info about a situation you know little of, its better to take the humble approach. moreover, my website (with over 26,000 members now) is listed in my signature

unless ya miss it, it's www.mercuryserver.com
                  Really?

I was quoting your website http://www.mjwebhosting.com/mjw/index.html, I have never seen your name here or signature before.

However it is clear you have a communication problem,yours was one of the "companies" I sent an email query to (via your contact system) some time back when I was looking for hosting, ther never was any response.....

Comment

• encryption
                    • May 2005

ya took the time and effort to do a whois lookup and even traceroute the server IPs back to the datacenter but ya missed doing a simple search on here and found my name (with signature) and you've come back "cheap service", "boasting". good job!

anyways I'd like to keep the communication constructive and so if you have anything to say, please PM me, I'd be happy to send you an email address so you can actually email this time
                    Last edited by encryption; Thu 4 Sep '08, 5:49am.

Comment

• RockWorld
                      • Sep 2008

godaddy.com

as far as I know godaddy don't support vb. I checked that before when I was purchasing a host/server for our site and for our future vb forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...