X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exige
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

Looking for a new host...

I signed up with eleven2.com a few days ago, based on reviews from the stickied hosting thread here. There were 3 main reasons I signed up with them, listed in order of importance:

1. Ability to host a vB forum successfully
    2. 24/7 Support
    3. Decent prices

#2 is NOT being fulfilled. They say they have 24/7 AIM support. This simply is not the case. The screen name is signed on, but past 11PM or so, nobody is ever there to respond. There are instances during the day where they are not responsive as well.

So I'm back to square 1. Please advice on a host that would fulfill the above 3 priorities. This is for shared hosting. My forum is not a large one.

I have a website hosted with aplus.net. They have TRUE 24/7 support, but the servers run so slow that it's driving me nuts. There's so many hosts out there...please advise on one with true 24/7 support. Thanks!
  • royo
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

For the money you're paying a shared host 24/7 support is outsourced a lot of the times to idiots that can't fix your problem and that forward it up.
    Oppressed.

Comment

• exige
      • Sep 2008
      • 3.7.x

Yeah that's probably true for quite a few companies. Aplus.net has excellent 24/7 support though...even though I can tell I'm talking to someone foreign half the time. If only their servers didn't have so much downtime for me, I'd have no problem with them.

Anyways, well I saw someone mention LiquidWeb in a different post. Their pricing is a bit high for my tastes....but only cause I'm cheap lol. I realize that you get what you pay for. And at $15 a month for shared hosting, it seems you get quite a bit in terms of support. I just sent them a support ticket to verify they were 24/7 and had a response in 2 minutes. That was terrific.

I would like to find somebody with the same type of support for less than $15 a month. But if that is going to be impossible, I will pay up for good service. Ideally, I'd like something with a live chat system or an AIM screename that is actually responsive 24/7. Any ideas? I'm happy to go with LiquidWeb, I just want to see if there's something equivalent for a lower cost...

Comment

• gigapros
        • May 2008
        • 3.7.x

Try filtering your host at http://webhostingstuff.com . After you short-list, see their reviews. After that, send a support ticket ot chat with your prospective host to ask it they fully support vB forum. Good luck.
        GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
        ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
        FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
        We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

• seoVB
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by exige
          I signed up with eleven2.com a few days ago, based on reviews from the stickied hosting thread here. There were 3 main reasons I signed up with them, listed in order of importance:

2. 24/7 Support
          3. Decent prices

#2 is NOT being fulfilled. They say they have 24/7 AIM support. This simply is not the case. The screen name is signed on, but past 11PM or so, nobody is ever there to respond. There are instances during the day where they are not responsive as well.

So I'm back to square 1. Please advice on a host that would fulfill the above 3 priorities. This is for shared hosting. My forum is not a large one.

I have a website hosted with aplus.net. They have TRUE 24/7 support, but the servers run so slow that it's driving me nuts. There's so many hosts out there...please advise on one with true 24/7 support. Thanks!

Check out Host Gator, they have some great support and i've never had a problem there

Comment

• awaisuk
            • May 2008

Originally posted by exige

2. 24/7 Support
            3. Decent prices

I suggest you got for HOSTGATOR,i use them and my sites and forums have been up 100% until now. Very good support aswell.

Comment

• Gridstorm
              • Sep 2008

Why not get a VPS for similar money? I used Hostgator then switched to Slhost (sold) now with Knownhost. I am finally at home I think. Support is excellent and the servers are fast.

The Doc

Comment

• express
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.6.x

Can you tell us how many active users you have on your vbulletin. Also would be good to know what isssues you were having at your current host. Any other issues besides speed?

Joey
                Real Web Host

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...