X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rexus
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Looking for a server...

Hey guys, I've been out of the web loop for a while, but a friend of mine really needed a website for his business. Nothing big, but he has a ton of of domain names, so I need around 10 redirects.

Anybody know a really fast, reliable server, with little to no downtime? And good customer service?

Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks.

PS: I used to host a website of mine at MJwebhosting, but I'm not sure how they are anymore...
  • rexus
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

BTW the site would display a lot of pictures, so preferably a host that shouldn't have any problems with pics...

Comment

• choppers4life
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.6.x

Whats your friends budget?

Comment

• rexus
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.5.x

He doesn't really have a budget, but at the same time, it's not gonna be a news site, so paying more than $20 would be pointless. It's merely a small company website to advertise a product. He's not worried about exceeding memory or bandwidth. I'm gonna be designing the site for him, and I'd be surprised if anywhere near 1,000 people visited the site per month.

It just needs to load fast, have little downtime, and permit at least 10 redirects.

At this point, I'm just thinking of signing up with MJ webhosting. Back a couple years ago, when I'd make a post like this, I'd get around 3 or 4 immediate responses. Looks like times have changed, not to mention I'm running out of time. He needs me to at least erect a "Coming Soon" page within the next few days. Gah...

Comment

• rexus
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.5.x

Oh, BTW, great customer service is a huge plus.

Most places don't care if you've got issues, because they've got bigger fish to fry. It would be neat to find a place that pays concern to folks who aren't just on dedicated servers.

Comment

• alemcherry
            • Jun 2006

Sounds like you need only a shared hosting account, not a server. I guess any good overseller that allows unlimited add-on domains must be enough. Try bluehost. Otherwise get a good reseller account.
            Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• harrysmith
              • Jan 2008

Dont go with overselling host, i am sure you may face some kind hosting issue if your site start getting more busy [ if you are on shared server and eating up too much resources ] rather go with a host who is in hosting business since long time and have good reputation with excellent technical support.

Comment

• encryption
                • May 2005

Originally posted by rexus
                Hey guys, I've been out of the web loop for a while, but a friend of mine really needed a website for his business. Nothing big, but he has a ton of of domain names, so I need around 10 redirects.

Anybody know a really fast, reliable server, with little to no downtime? And good customer service?

Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks.

PS: I used to host a website of mine at MJwebhosting, but I'm not sure how they are anymore...
                we're still around and kicking, if there's anything I can help you with, feel free to PM/Email me.
                www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...