X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephlb
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

Hosting suggestions for a small board

Currently I am with ASO with a shared account. Overall I have been happy. But during the last month or so, there have been issues. Most of the issues have been server load related. Although they have fixed the problems quickly, it seems to happen regularly, at least once a week but sometimes more than that. This weekend alone the MySQL server had to be restarted and there were server load issues.

However, I will say ths when there are problems, they are addressed very quickly. Its just that I'm dealing with it every few days.

I don't have a large forum by any means,; it's not even a medium forum. I mean we are talking less than 20 people active. Simultaneously, maybe 5 to 10.

If anyone has any suggestions for shared hosting solution for a small forum, I'd be open to them.
  • xnetco
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.8.x

Hello.

Are you UK based forum or elsewhere?

Tim
    Tim
    Nimbus Hosting
    www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

• lovely_vin
      • Jul 2008

you should have a look at www.webhostingtalk.com for hosting reviews. You'd get there what you are looking for.

Comment

• stephlb
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by xnetco
        Hello.

Are you UK based forum or elsewhere?

Tim
        I'm in the U.S.

Comment

• stephlb
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by lovely_vin
          you should have a look at www.webhostingtalk.com for hosting reviews. You'd get there what you are looking for.
          Thanks I'll check it out.

Comment

• eUKhost.com
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by stephlb
            I don't have a large forum by any means,; it's not even a medium forum. I mean we are talking less than 20 people active. Simultaneously, maybe 5 to 10.
            I dont think there should be any problems with shared hosting package looking at your forum usage. You can either ask your existing host to migrate your account to another server or find another hosting company.
            Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
            Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• stephlb
              • Mar 2008
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by eUKhost.com
              I dont think there should be any problems with shared hosting package looking at your forum usage. You can either ask your existing host to migrate your account to another server or find another hosting company.
              Thanks for the feedback.

I'm very frustrated with ASO right now. My site went down late last night, and I submitted a ticket and I was told it was being rebooted, well that was over 14 hours ago and it's still down. I don't think it takes 14 hours to reboot a server.

As soon as I can get access of my data, I am out of there.

Comment

• stephlb
                • Mar 2008
                • 3.6.x

Just got an account at downtownhost and I'm amazed at the extremely low server loads. Granted its only been 12 hours LOL, but I'm happy so far.

Comment

• stephlb
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Just a follow-up. Its been almost a week, and I'm so HAPPY I moved to DowntownHost. I've never seen such small server loads, as in 0.1 to 0.2 loads.

With my previous host, it was always going in the danger zone, at least once every 7-10 days it seemed. A few times it went all the way above 60! On avg it was maybe around 5 or 6, but never under 1!

My conception of what a low server load has been smashed!

I love it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...