X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duckstruck
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

Legal Action

Has anyone ever brought legal action against a webhost because of continued problems and your forums crashing several times in a week.

This has happened to me since I signed up for a three year plan then my forum host change me to a new platform 3 months ago and the problems started.

Before this everything was fine. Now I am starting to get mad
  • royo
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

Depending on how much you've paid I'd either try to get a refund or just move away from them; you'll end up spending a lot of money on legal action for this kind of stuff, and you're likely not to be able to cover even your legal fees in the end.
    Oppressed.

Comment

• encryption
      • May 2005

Originally posted by duckstruck
      Has anyone ever brought legal action against a webhost because of continued problems and your forums crashing several times in a week.

This has happened to me since I signed up for a three year plan then my forum host change me to a new platform 3 months ago and the problems started.

Before this everything was fine. Now I am starting to get mad
      2 things,
      1) I dont know how much you make off your site but you'll end up throwing good money after bad money trying to get a lawsuit running against your webhost

2) Read the "TOS" carefully. Generally most TOS wording is loosely worded protecting the webhost more than you can try to damage them with.

If you can get a refund and leave.
      www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
      www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• gigapros
        • May 2008
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by duckstruck
        I signed up for a three year plan
        Just get a pro-rata refund. Any honest host will give you that.
        GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
        ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
        FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
        We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

• acceleratebiz
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.5.x

I have no tolerance for hosting companies that don't care about their customers. And believe me, they won't stay in business long if that's the case. But unless they intentionally caused problems for your website, I don't think it's ethical for you to bring legal action against them. They are probably just a poorly run operation, there are plenty in the hosting industry. Simply leave them immediately and try someone new. Try and get some money back. There are also plenty of well-run honest hosting companies that do care about their customers. And you'll find that they are typically the successful ones as well.
          NewServers
          Physical dedicated servers @ $0.11/hour

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...