X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milaszewski
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.7.x

inexpensive hosting for 100 users online maximum

I'm looking for inexpensive hosting for 100 users online maximum.

What could you recommend?
  • choppers4life
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

need more info. Any hacks etc?

Comment

• milaszewski
      • Jun 2008
      • 3.7.x

could be a chat (Cyb ChatBox) with 15 people chatting at the same time, and there is a script showing 5 random pictures from albums on the main site

Comment

• choppers4life
        • Aug 2004
        • 3.6.x

ok a shout box might not be allowed on some hosts make sure you check their tos. Whats your budget?

Comment

• milaszewski
          • Jun 2008
          • 3.7.x

I pay around $120 per year for http://gallowayhosting.com/ which gives me a lot of space, bandwidth, but they have 4.5% CPU limit on a Quad Core machine. My account with only 5-10 users gets blocked frequently and every time I need to ask them to unlock it.

I wish I could have less space and badwidth, but more CPU limit for a similar price.

Comment

• Jedito
            • May 2001

The shoutbox may it be the reason, try disabling it and you'll see the difference. Shoutbox tend to be resources hog, for that reason are forbidden by many providers.
            Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
            LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• milaszewski
              • Jun 2008
              • 3.7.x

shoutbox gives around 1-1.5% increase with the overall CPU rate at around 3-4% so it's not that bad - refresh rate is set to 30 sec.
              4.5% CPU limit is ridiculous - hostgator has 25%

Comment

• deej290
                • Jul 2008

Not sure if it's available in the states, but you should look at www.one.com

For their most expensive plan you'd be looking at $85 a year (subject to exchange rate fluctuations) and I've heard some very good stuff about them.

Comment

• PeopleCore
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 3.6.x

You get what you pay for. If you want cheap you will be wasting time and money trying to get your server to work correctly if at all. Shared servers are most always oversold. VPS server are the way to go for vbulletin. Managed VPS will provide more value than cheap people can even comprehend.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...