• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sinecurea
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.5.x

Migrating vBulletin to a different database

Hi Folks,
    I currently have my vbulletin forum hosted with the same company as my website.
    However, due to the database size restrictions, I'd like to move this to my own personal database on another webhosting.

As far as I'm aware, to use this database, I simply have to point the config.ini to the new database. But first, I must prepare this database for vbulletin and import the data to this new database.

Could somebody help me with this process?
    Is there a tool already available to do this?

Cheers,
    Steve.
  • nathanmarck
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.7.x

Well ive never been to good with MYSQL but i know that if your already running on MYSQL and the new server is MYSQL then just export the DB in PHPMYADMIN then import to the new DB though pma (phpmyadmin) But thats for mysql other sql db`s i dunno about

Comment

• RedWingFan
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sinecurea
      Hi Folks,
      I currently have my vbulletin forum hosted with the same company as my website.
      However, due to the database size restrictions, I'd like to move this to my own personal database on another webhosting.
      You just want to host the database on another host? It'll run slowly. Much better to have both the forum PHP files and the database at the same host, as you don't have to worry about the overhead of the internet connection and using up bandwidth.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...