Do you have to run vbulletin on a VPS to work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrMichigan
    • May 2008

Do you have to run vbulletin on a VPS to work?

Do you have to run vbulletin on a VPS to work? If so, that means I will have to pay $20.00 or more a month for a VPS. Right now I like my low cost of $83.00 for the whole year for my website.

My website is new and I am not getting a lot of traffic right now. I am aware that if I start getting a lot of traffic, then I would have to look into upgrading to a VPS.

Now with this said, I will ask the same question again. Will I have to upgrade to a VPS no matter what to run vbullletin or will Vbulletin work with a low traffic website on my www.startlogic.com shared server "Pro Logic plan"?

Right now, I do not have an answer to my question, do to me having a hard time installing vbulletin on my host. I just need to know if it will even work on Startlogic, so that I can keep trying to make it work. I am sure it is just me, do to me not having a clue on what I am doing.

Thank you,
    MrMichigan
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

You can run vBulletin on a shared host, and when your forum grows and expands, get a VPS. Try to use ads to gain revenue vBulletin will work with very little traffic, as seen on my site, thinkteen.co.uk. The only reason I went with VPS as the internal sites are expanding.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• MrMichigan
      • May 2008

Thank you

ct2k7, thank you for the answer on a OK to run vbulletin on a shared server with less traffic. Then go to a VPS, when you get more traffic.

I will post new topic on my other question.

Thank you,
      MrMichigan

Comment

• lostguy
        • Mar 2008

If u get a VPS from them make sure ask what their Min memory ! They only show Burstable up to 1.5 GB so need to know what the Min offer . 512 is good start .

Ask what MySQL version .

What kind server !

Their VPS look pretty cheap but not until u know those details i mentioned .

Lg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...