• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoRdGd
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

Safe mode

Hello,
    I want to export pictures from database to a directory in my server, but i need to turn off PHP Safe Mode.
    Can anybody help me, and tell me how to do it? Where can i find this settings?

Regards!
  • royo
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

You need to go into your php.ini and turn it off, the setting is called safe_mode and the value should be 0. The location could be /etc/php.ini, though it depends.
    Oppressed.

Comment

• choppers4life
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.6.x

Run "php -i |grep php.ini" in shell to find out where your loaded php.ini is located.

Comment

• hector2000
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.6.x

always this option(safe mode) should be disable?(even after transfer files from database to server?)
        if this option always be disable then my site will hack soon(my server is linux)

Comment

• hector2000
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

no answer?

Comment

• royo
            • Jan 2005
            • 3.7.x

Safe mode will indeed offer a bit more protection in case you have old scripts on your server that are vulnerable, but might make some of your newer scripts not work right. If you only use well built scripts and no hacks/mods which are badly built you should be able to run with safe mode off.
            Oppressed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...