• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • q8_star
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.6.x

Looking for a solution or alternative host

Hi,

I have an account with site5 and it's great, lately my forum began to grow rapidly and I discovered that site5 has set a limit on mysql connections which greatly limits my forum and send 'Forum Busy' message to everyone...

Has anyone got a solution or alternative? I looked at another host but they also had same limit set on their mysql connections...
    I'm stuck in the Skys ...
  • q8anime
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.8.x

have you checked hostgator?

Comment

• express
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.6.x

Would help if you could tell us how big your forum is, number of users, posts, and amount of traffic?

Joey
      Real Web Host

Comment

• siutao
        • Apr 2008
        • 3.6.x

I got the same issue as you are. My site was hosted at site5 for about 2-3 years (I forgot the exact time), and everything run smoothly. But lately my site grow and always break their allowed mysql connections (As I remember, they set 15). So all the time, my site was down, VB error, etc.

So I moved to a VPS at Servint for US$49 a month. My plan is Essential.
        With VPS I can set the mysql limit, just drop the support a ticket and they will do it.

For your information, my forums:
        Threads: 3,433, Posts: 24,376, Members: 7,800
        Last edited by siutao; Sat 26 Apr '08, 6:02pm. Reason: Add more information

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...