X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vB.user
    • Jan 2008

Urgent, I need RELIABLE host

Dear vBulletin administrators,

I have complete confidence in you that you'll give me reliable host to host my website with them.

I'm getting sick of many online hosts companies who drove me crazy. They are nice and sweet before receiving their money, and once the money in their buckets, some of them turn their back to me and rarely answer me. Plus, the annoying messages which say no more bandwidth available appeared everynow and then.

In addition, most of them they do not own their servers as they said but rented.

It irritates you when you pay money for your forum's licence, for the designers, for keeping your website active and alive and all of a sudden you realized that the fate of your forum is in the hands of irresponsible host.

Would you please answer these things:

1. suggest me good names who accept payment via PayPal please?

2. When I want to move my website to another host, do I have to provide them anything else more than the main username and the ftb username and password?

3. Is 400 MB enough for forum of 10,000 users 30% of them are active?

Thank you very much in advance and I apologize to vbulletin's expert members that I didn't direct my request to them and apologize to many good hosts if I was harsh.

Best wishes,
    vB.user
  • dabollicks
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

www.cozywebhost.com have been great for me
    www.pst-uk.co.uk
    www.refchat.co.uk

Comment

• Curtis H.
      • Dec 2003

You may want to take a look at http://dotable.com. Own the servers and accept PayPal. Reliable. I've had an account with them for more than a year which runs vBulletin. No complaints. Review their support forums to get a better understanding how they operate.
      :cool:

Comment

• eUKhost.com
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vB.user
        3. Is 400 MB enough for forum of 10,000 users 30% of them are active?
        How many users do you have online at a time?
        Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
        Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• xnetco
          • Sep 2005
          • 3.8.x

Hello.

I work for an ISP in the UK who already host a number of large vbulletin installations including AVForums.com and Celticminded.com. If you need any help or advice please drop me an email, [email protected].

Cheers

Tim
          Tim
          Nimbus Hosting
          www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

• rrhodes
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by eUKhost.com
            How many users do you have online at a time?
            Very good question..... If you have 30% of those active you need to be concerned with concurrent sessions. Most shared hosts won't give you enough to run that forum.

Comment

• harrysmith
              • Jan 2008

@xnetco :
              AVForums.com is not working at my end seems it cannot handle large traffic. no offense mate

Regarding main question : if you are having huge number of concurrent connections to your database then you will have to chose
              high end hosting plan such as VPS or dedicated server.
              Shared hosting will not be sufficient for in this case or your host will suspend your account for eating up server recourses.

Comment

• vB.user
                • Jan 2008

I'd like to thank everyone who spent time here and replied to my thread.

As for eUKhost's question, I'd say between 10 to 20
                I have been told that 450 MB is not enough and at least I'd need 1200 MB

Comment

• xnetco
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by harrysmith
                  @xnetco :
                  AVForums.com is not working at my end seems it cannot handle large traffic. no offense mate
                  Are you sure? It's pretty snappy for me. I know BT were having some major routing issues yesterday.

Tim
                  Tim
                  Nimbus Hosting
                  www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

• eUKhost.com
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by vB.user
                    I'd like to thank everyone who spent time here and replied to my thread.

As for eUKhost's question, I'd say between 10 to 20
                    I have been told that 450 MB is not enough and at least I'd need 1200 MB
                    You can start with a shared hosting package . There wont be any problems on a shared hosting package as of now but you'll need to upgrade if you require more resources .
                    Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
                    Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• richatom
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by xnetco
                      Hello.

I work for an ISP in the UK who already host a number of large vbulletin installations including AVForums.com and Celticminded.com. If you need any help or advice please drop me an email, [email protected].

Cheers

Tim
                      Tim, email to your address bounces. Also all email to your company bounces....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...