X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Looking for dedicated server or VPS.

We're hobbling along on shared hosting. About 100-200 visitors a day. Users online has gotten up to 300+, we usually idle at 100 or so. Threads: 8,090, Posts: 65,138, Members: 2,336, Active Members: 353.

We're with site5.com right now, and we are constantly going over max allowed MySQL connections.

So suggestions? We'd also like a site where we can use a chatbox script (Non-AJAX one).

Opinions and suggestions?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You're really looking at VPS/Entry dedicated servers.

Comment

• TruthElixirX
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      You're really looking at VPS/Entry dedicated servers.
      Why I said VPS in the title.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• SNN
        • Jul 2006

Well if you want a VPS, I'd suggest vpslink, though, for the Link5 (I think $75?) you can get a unmanaged dedicated server from HostGator (1 GB RAM, CentOS, 1,500 GB Bandwidth, 80 GB Hard Drive, cPanel), there is also The Planet.
        I would not know if one of those hosting services would fit what you need.

Comment

• express
          • Apr 2001
          • 3.6.x

[quote
          Well if you want a VPS, I'd suggest vpslink, though, for the Link5 (I think $75?) you can get a unmanaged dedicated server from HostGator (1 GB RAM, CentOS, 1,500 GB Bandwidth, 80 GB Hard Drive, cPanel), there is also The Planet.
          I would not know if one of those hosting services would fit what you need.

Well that is a neat trick, recommend someone that you have in your sig.

Great idea I think I will try that one.
          Real Web Host

Comment

• choppers4life
            • Aug 2004
            • 3.6.x

Joey at real web host is top notch for dedicated or vps. A buddy of has a vps with Joey and has no problems and great support.

Comment

• zshadow
              • Jul 2006

100-200 visitors a day? I think even a VPS would be overkill right now. All you need is a good shared host. Site5 oversell. I checked their site out and see they offer 750GB of space, 7500GB bandwidth, which is unrealistic.

Check http://echoservers.com out. I personally have a dedicated server with them, but that's because I get over 15,000 visitors a day. Shared hosting is more than adequate for the amount of traffic you're getting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...