Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zacarias
    • Jan 2005

Looking for new host!

Hey everyone.. I currently have 1&1 hosting.. I'll admit the price is what brought me to them and luckily, I've been fortunate enough to not have any problems with them at all.

As a matter of fact, I'm quite satisfied with them over my last host Powweb, which had servers that consistently crashed.

I didn't have a problem.. Until I noticed that the MySQL databases cannot be upgraded for more space! 100MB is not that much at all!

Due to constant pruning of members and posts, I'm at a cool 31,968 post count and 269 member count (with at least 1 post), but my board will be growing!

I was wondering if any of you could recommend an affordable host with:

Unlimited database space.
    Unlimited subdomains.
    Unlimited domains.
    And, at least 250 GB web space.
  • RaceJunkie
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Check out Knownhost http://knownhost.com/

Taken from their specials page.
    For the Holidays, KnownHost would like to offer you 50% off your first two months of any VPS followed by a 10% lifetime discount. We make it easy and inexpensive for you to get started today! These discounts also apply to control panels, memory upgrades, billing systems, IP's, etc which are placed with your original order. This special is being held for a limited time only and will expire January 9th 2008 so please get one while they're hot.

Comment

• jeffinj
      • Apr 2006

I'm with LogicWeb.com
      No problem so far.

Ask for a VPS for good performance. Dont settle for a cheap one.
      www.christianforumsite.com
      sigpic

Comment

• Curtis H.
        • Dec 2003

Being you went with 1&1 hosting and Powweb in the past, define "affordable."
        :cool:

Comment

• yogesh
          • May 2005

Do you really need 250GB of space? No shared host or even a VPS host would actually provide you this much space!

Evaulavate your actual need and based on it, go for a shared, reseller, vps or dedicated hosting account.

Comment

• class101
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.6.x

I agree VPS is the best solution since you cannot have a SQL space restriction with this solution, the SQL space = your VPS free space so that's very large. I'd recommand KnownHost like post #2 on Dallas TX location, not the CA datacenter, I'm with them yet, and yes 250Gb is a bit too large, I have the smallest offer 7Gb space and have 5Gb free for SQL space yet , so far enough for now.
            security community

Comment

• Zacarias
              • Jan 2005

As for the 250 GB number- this is currently how much shared web space that is included in my 1and1 package!

I haven't thought about VPS until recently and it's sounding more and more like an option that I want to take.

Comment

• yogesh
                • May 2005

It’s just a marketing gimmick; no one is going to actually provide you 250GB of space for few bucks a month. Look at it this way, 1and1’s basic vps package provides 10GB of hdd space for 29.95 a month and their 9.99 shared hosting plans provides 250GB space.

Which one do you think is true space?

Comment

• thefifthlord
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 3.6.x

I dont know about 1and1 but Site5 does actually provide the diskspace they promise,
                  My plan details are: 750gb hd, 7.5tb bandwidth, Unlimited domains

You can see the details of the plan here: Site5

I know for sure they provide this space since, I once just for fun uploaded 600gb of crap just to see if i actually had that much hard, Turns out i did.

Comment

• RaceJunkie
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by thefifthlord
                    I dont know about 1and1 but Site5 does actually provide the diskspace they promise,

I know for sure they provide this space since, I once just for fun uploaded 600gb of crap just to see if i actually had that much hard, Turns out i did.
                    Perfect example of overselling. I had a Site5 shared hosting account once and it was one of the worst I ever had, up one day down the next very unreliable. Might be better now but I will never know that myself. I had so many complaints they even blocked my user name from showing up in the forums, (NO JOKE)...

A good resource to finding some reputable hosts is webhostingtalk.com. I would suggest finding you a few hosts that meet your needs and budget and searching feedback on them there. NO host will have a 100% customer satisfaction rating because the bigger the host the more likely someone is to have at least one bad experience.. There are a few though that are highly recommended by many customers, but what is right for one may not be right for you. I suggest contacting a couple of the host you may have in mind and asking a few support questions and see what kind of response you get, time, and how detailed the response is are important as well. I can offer on other host that I have a shared reseller account with and that is The Prime Host. I currently have the Inferno http://www.theprimehost.com/reseller-web-hosting.html I have not experienced any down time as of yet. The ticket reply is a little long sometimes but they do get back with you in an acceptable amount of time (within 24hrs). I use them for a few standard websites and I use Knownhost for my forums.

Comment

• Jason2
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Try - www.pc-core.net

There very reliable and have some good testimonials.

Regards Jason

Comment

• yogesh
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by thefifthlord

In that case start a file hosting service, I am sure you will be able to surpass rapidshare with a couple of these accounts

Comment

• Greek76
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 3.6.x

You should look into RealWebHost.net. I am going to move to them most likely at the end of this month or the start of Feb..
                          Acrow Host

Comment

• steven s
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Greek76
                            You should look into RealWebHost.net. I am going to move to them most likely at the end of this month or the start of Feb..
                            You won't be sorry.
                            ...steven
                            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• encryption
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
                              You won't be sorry.
                              +1.... read good things about them on here.
                              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...