• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mescalin
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.0.x

Dreamhost..

Hello,

First of all i want to warn you about siteground. I was hosting my site with them and they suspended my page without any warning because of big db (its only 90mb). They said my db uses so much mysql etc, they said they can not host my site in a shared server i need to buy a vps. I said nope my site is not that big you have some mistake but anyway my site was suspended for a week and i moved my site. That suspension was just after my renew and they say they wont refund money i paid money for a nonfunctional hosting..

Then i found dreamhost, im running the same site in dremhost with 8 diffrent sites at the same time but i dont have any server resource problem, i have ssh, i can take backups etc.. Siteground wants $50 for each backup even if their phpmyadmin doesnt work and you need a backup still you should pay..

Best Regards..
    Last edited by Andy Huang; Tue 14 Aug '07, 7:30pm. Reason: dreamhost's promo code = affiliate system, and so it's against the rules.
  • Kobycole
    • Jan 2005

Last edited by Kobycole; Thu 10 Jul '14, 9:03am.

Comment

• dgenx210
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

well now I got some statements to prove that dreamhost is good

sorry about your misfortunes with siteground guys

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
        • Dec 2006
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dgenx210
        well now I got some statements to prove that dreamhost is good

sorry about your misfortunes with siteground guys
        I used to be on DreamHost and had decent uptime (a little subpar) and great support. However, because of their overly liberal approach to freedom of speech, they are also hosting some hate sites, including the American Nazi Party and an English language Arab Jihad site.

Since I am of the Jewish faith, this presented a crisis of conscience, because I didn't want my sites hosted by a company that would accept either type of site, and thus I moved from them.

DreamHost has in recent weeks, also had some serious downtime problems, which clearly indicates they are not getting a handle on server and network issues.

Since moving from DreamHost, I have found a home at HostICan at www.hostican.com, where I have one of their VPS-Extreme packages.

They are quite friendly towards vBulletin and other forum systems, and, of course, WordPress. So they are certainly worth adding to one's host search.

Peace,
        Gene

Comment

• jeffinj
          • Apr 2006

You can try rosehosting.com with whom I am with. They are pretty good too.
          www.christianforumsite.com
          sigpic

Comment

• dgenx210
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

Hey Gene,

Well I can say that your words can be trusted because your other posts prove them aswell. I am pretty regular here because i am looking for a new host. Are hostican shared plans good?

Comment

• sunrise4587
              • Aug 2007

I am using DH now....

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                • Dec 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dgenx210
                Hey Gene,

Well I can say that your words can be trusted because your other posts prove them aswell. I am pretty regular here because i am looking for a new host. Are hostican shared plans good?
                Definitely quite good and worth checking out.

Peace,
                Gene

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...