Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redseal
    • May 2007

Yahoo Hosting Opinions

Does anyone here currently use Yahoo! as a hosting provider? I am currently hosted by them but I keep getting mySQL errors. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can relate their good/bad experiences with this provider. I'm thinking of finding a new host, but dont' know if it's worth the trouble.

Just looking for more insight.

-Redseal
    I love lamp
  • WurkAnimal
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

With hosting you should choose a host what sesalizes in hosting, Y|ahoo does not.

Comment

• Redseal
      • May 2007

Yeah you are right, after looking around this forum for more information I think I'm going to make the switch.
      I love lamp

Comment

• aaraam
        • Oct 2005
        • 3.8.x

I have experienced ! now I move my host as VPS server http://www.raajjehost.net

There very stable you check my forum http://www.maldiviandigital.com

Comment

• Redseal
          • May 2007

I recently switched to another host and have not yet received a single SQL error. You were right NashTax, thanks for the info.
          I love lamp

Comment

• hissatsu
            • Apr 2007
            • 3.6.x

What host is this? Looking for a host for a new site--- i just dont know which to start with after reading soo many negatives.

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
              • Dec 2006
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Redseal
              Does anyone here currently use Yahoo! as a hosting provider? I am currently hosted by them but I keep getting mySQL errors. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone can relate their good/bad experiences with this provider. I'm thinking of finding a new host, but dont' know if it's worth the trouble.

Just looking for more insight.

-Redseal
              I used Yahoo! long ago and left because of slow performance and mediocre customer support.

Since then, I've gone from GoDaddy (better, but not much) to DreamHost (quite good overall, but limited upgrade options) and finally to HostICan, where I have their VPS-Extreme package.

Bear in mind that a shared hosting setup may be poison to a larger vBulletin environment. Right now at www.theparacast.com/forums, I get performance similar to here, and WebHostingTalk, and that's pretty darn good, right?

Peace,
              Gene

Comment

• alemcherry
                • Jun 2006

For shared hosting, I would recommend hostgator. Get a discount coupon and test it for the first month free!

Also recommended are liquidweb and hostmonster. Problem with yahoo and godaddy is lack of personal touch in tech. support.
                Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...