X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netman
    • Oct 2001
    • 4.2.x

Who is using Host Rocket?

I need to find a new host. My current host has their max_user_connection set too low. They set this at 40 and is causing lots for problems. Of course the host is blaming the software.

I called Host Rocket today and they have theirs set to 1000. I am looking for some feedback about their reliability and support.

Thanks,
    http://www.maxxfusion.com
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

2 years ago I had a lot of my clients with hostrocket, I moved them all away due to poor support, poor quality and poor performance. I do not know if they have improved in the last 24 months .. personally ... I doubt it.

Comment

• netman
      • Oct 2001
      • 4.2.x

Where are you hosted now?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

There are various hosting providers you can choose from. ev1servers.net, hostmaven.com, steadfast.net, theplanet.com, etc. Try webhostingtalk.com for some reviews

Comment

• Subah
          • Mar 2007
          • 4.1.x

is cool and if you want with a Cpanel you can get

By the way this 2 company are for the same man the diffrent is only in the Control panel.

Comment

• Joseph
            • May 2003

I like www.dreamhost.com.

Comment

• netman
              • Oct 2001
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Subah
              http://www.hostmonster.com
              is cool and if you want with a Cpanel you can get

By the way this 2 company are for the same man the diffrent is only in the Control panel.
              I called hostmonster and they said that their max_user_connection was set to 20. Thats less than my current host.

Comment

• Curtis H.
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by netman
                I called Host Rocket today and they have theirs set to 1000.
                That seems high considering they are well known for kicking folks for using too much server resources.

50 or so is usually a good number from quality hosting providers in regard to concurrent MYSQL connections.
                :cool:

Comment

• netman
                  • Oct 2001
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Curtis H.
                  That seems high considering they are well known for kicking folks for using too much server resources.

50 or so is usually a good number from quality hosting providers in regard to concurrent MYSQL connections.
                  My current host is set to 40 and and we are getting connection error. I opened a post about this in the suppot sections and I was told that 40 is way to low and thats why I am having all my problems.

Comment

• Jedito
                    • May 2001

How many visitors at the same time does your forum have?
                    Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
                    LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• Corgimom
                      • Apr 2007

Okay.. we are having similar troubles. We are a new site and didn't know to look for connections allowed when getting started. Now I find out (after multiple database errors because of it) that they have connections set at 18! After being up one week we have 46 members.. of which I expect at least 20 to maintain regular usage of the forums. We definitely need more than just 18 connects though! Any suggestions on who else we can move to, and how hard is it to move the forums to a new host while keeping them intact? We've had enough trouble figuring this all out as newbies to begin with *sigh*.

Comment

• Bellina
                        • Oct 2005

glad I read this before moving. as I was considering them. it seems like there are so many different options and not a lot of positive reviews on just one host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...