I need to know who's the best host for me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lord Dolmus
    • Jan 2007

I need to know who's the best host for me.

Please help me out, I need to know what are some good host for the site I'm building. Here are the conditions.

1. I must be able to pay yearly, that's 1 payment a year.

2. It must cost under $60.00, hopefully cheaper.

3. I need just enough space to have a list of tv shows, episode guides, and to be able to report news.

4. Although every host has good and bad reviews, it wouldn't hurt if they had a few good ones.
  • jasonlitka
    • Mar 2006
    • 4.0.x

Try A Small Orange.

Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• Ba$im
      • Mar 2007

i think this is best host to now

big space big BW
      and small cost
      if any 1 now better than this host tel me
      coz i love lower cost & good host

Comment

• jasonlitka
        • Mar 2006
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Ba$im
        i think this is best host to now

big space big BW
        and small cost
        if any 1 now better than this host tel me
        coz i love lower cost & good host
        No one can provide that much bandwidth & storage space for $6.95/month. They'll kick you off their server LONG before you get to that point.
        Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Also _never_ pay for hosting in a yearly installment.

Comment

• Ba$im
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
            No one can provide that much bandwidth & storage space for $6.95/month. They'll kick you off their server LONG before you get to that point.
            really
            but i have anime site & upload big esp file
            & to know i used 750 GB BD normaly in month & they do not kick me to now

Comment

• needhelp338
              • Apr 2007

Bandwith

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
              Yes, I read from WHtalk that a lot of these companies oversold their bandwith. I dont know if this is true or not, but last thing I want is to install vBulletin there and then a month later have to migrate all my files elsewhere because of RAM or bandwith usage problem.

The bandwith and RAM usage is driving me crazy.

Godaddy said they can give you 2000 GB bandwith per month for $14.95/mo, it sounds great but I am nervous there are a lot of restrictions that come with it..... they already turned off one of my sites that is hosted with them for exceeding their RAM usage.

I am thinking of installing vBulletin but am researching for a good host right now.

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                • Dec 2006
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by needhelp338
                Yes, I read from WHtalk that a lot of these companies oversold their bandwith. I dont know if this is true or not, but last thing I want is to install vBulletin there and then a month later have to migrate all my files elsewhere because of RAM or bandwith usage problem.

The bandwith and RAM usage is driving me crazy.

Godaddy said they can give you 2000 GB bandwith per month for $14.95/mo, it sounds great but I am nervous there are a lot of restrictions that come with it..... they already turned off one of my sites that is hosted with them for exceeding their RAM usage.

I am thinking of installing vBulletin but am researching for a good host right now.
                WebHostingTalk is populated by hosts who resent that some succeed better than they by offering huge amounts of bandwidth, which they refer to as overselling. You see, if the host is properly managed, overselling is essentially a non-issue. It's no more overselling than what your ISP, electric company or wireless phone company does. In the latter cases, if everyone tried to use the service to maximum potential at once, they'd be overloaded beyond belief, and few would connect.

In the real world, a shared host means that a number of users are on a single server. There are practical limits of CPU and/or RAM usage, and most any host will be forced to throttle or suspend a user if they exceed those limits. If you have a forum where you'll need several hundred GB of bandwidth or more a month, it will be using lots and lots of resources and might be better suited to a dedicated server.

If your site sends mostly static pages and -- like ours -- has file downloads for visitors (ours are Podcast versions of the radio shows), resource use might be normal and you'll be able to use most or all of the promised bandwidth.

The key here is to look at the Terms of Service of the host you're interested in, and if the questions about resource use aren't explained to your satisfaction (they're designed by lawyers who haven't communicated with real people most of the time), ask their pre-sales people about it.

But you need to also understand that in a shared environment, you want to be a good neighbor, so be careful about adding mods to your board, custom scripts, etc. If you're hogging the server, there will be consequences.

Peace,
                Gene

Comment

• omgitsdan
                  • Apr 2007

hi.

this site has had a good review and is recomemded for hosting i was on another site.

it is crisphosting.net

over a year they gave it a rating off 99.91% downtime (mainly for updates for the sever i guess)
                  they have a 1 year payment i think, it might be a good thing to have a look

Comment

• Lord Dolmus
                    • Jan 2007

All of this gig and ram talk is making me nervous, i'm not sure about making a website, but i have to, i came this far so there's no backing down now.

Has anyone heard of www.one.com hosting? I know a site that uses it and they seem to be doing well. Also www.hytekhosting.com seem to be nice cheap hosts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...