Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane M.
    • Feb 2007

New to the whole host thing...

As stated I am new the host thing. After reading through the host sticky at the top I am looking at f5hosting.com. Does anyone know what the MySQL is on the semi-ded plan? I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for in it here are the details for the plans - http://www.f5hosting.com/plans.php. And what is the MySQL anyway? I know its important but not entirely sure what it is. So any way my questions:

What is MySQL?

What is a FTP Account?

What is a Dedicated IP?

What is MIME Type Manager?

and final question

What is Midi Files?

I am only 16 so I won't be setting up my forums too soon, so yeah just trying to learn the basics in hosting and those things where listed in the plan section.

Thanks

Shane
  • AtlantisService
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Shane M.
    As stated I am new the host thing. After reading through the host sticky at the top I am looking at f5hosting.com. Does anyone know what the MySQL is on the semi-ded plan? I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for in it here are the details for the plans - http://www.f5hosting.com/plans.php. And what is the MySQL anyway? I know its important but not entirely sure what it is. So any way my questions:

What is MySQL?

What is a FTP Account?

What is a Dedicated IP?

and final question

What is Midi Files?

I am only 16 so I won't be setting up my forums too soon, so yeah just trying to learn the basics in hosting and those things where listed in the plan section.

Thanks

Shane
    What is MySQL?

What is a FTP Account?

What is a Dedicated IP?
    An IP for JUST your site or service (shopping cart). Its an IP which is not shared with anyone else.

The ability to manage mime types gives you full control of which software programs will work with your site. Mime types are managed through the control panel.

and final question

What is Midi Files?
    Media files (normally music).

Comment

• Shane M.
      • Feb 2007

Ok Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...