X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TreInJapan
    • Feb 2012

freewings2,
    I've heard a complaint that URLJet supposedly gives you vBulletin support, but then ends up charging you extra for a lot of different small things. What's your experience with this? Are they helpful when it comes to small nit-picky questions you have regarding the forum/forum problems?

thanks!

Comment

• freewings2
      • Dec 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TreInJapan
      freewings2,
      I've heard a complaint that URLJet supposedly gives you vBulletin support, but then ends up charging you extra for a lot of different small things. What's your experience with this? Are they helpful when it comes to small nit-picky questions you have regarding the forum/forum problems?

thanks!
      They have never charged me for vbulletin support, and Ive had numerous tickets They have always helped me even with the smallest stuff. I recently upgraded to VPS with them and they made a lot of changed for me (server settings, adding memcache, etc) and was not charged for any of that either. They also don't give me grief over troubleshooting a problem even though we have a custom skin and a fair amount of plugins

Comment

• mmzcash
        • Mar 2011
        • 4.1.x

URL Jet has never charge me anything extra. They have always answered all of my support tickets in a timely manner. They will answer your support tickets 24/7. You can also give them a call and someone will pick up the phone and talk to you. I am new to Vbulletin and I think their services are top notch. They also upgrade vbulletin sites for free if you use their hosting.

Comment

• GoatRider
          • Oct 2006

I recently changed from the host I had for over six years (dotcomhost.com) to HostAtom.net.

dotcomhost did a fantastic job (and I highly recommend them for any eCommerce needs), they're just not vBulletin guys.

Kevin at HostAtom IS a vBulletin guy, and has gone above and beyond to get my forum transferred, upgraded, and running smoothly on the new servers. The prices are very reasonable and the service is on point. I'm very happy with my decision.

Comment

• bremereric
            • Sep 2011
            • 4.1.x

I had my first instance with Hostmonster. I get this e-mail that states I am not compliant with their terms of service. I bought the site and the hosting service was inherited along with the site. Mysql database was out of compliance being over 3 gb. My filedata table was too large. It was 3.0 gigs. I moved the pictures out of it and into a file system. That got me back into compliance. I have several minutes each night in which I cannot access my site. This killls the activity which is usually great for a small site. The way they talk to me in their e-mails is just not right with me. They talk down to me instead to me. I have 78 days lsft of their hosting service and am looking right now.

I do like the cpanel and I bought a little upgrade that allows me to back up my entire site and restore it.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

cPanel is everywhere, find a better webhost. They shouldn't reasonably restrict your database storage to anything less than the storage your paying for.

Comment

• jcgriff2
                • Apr 2011
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TreInJapan
                freewings2,

thanks!
                Same basic answer here as freewings2.

5 weeks new with vB 4 & URLJet - all fine so far.

URLJet service is awesome. Support tickets answered very quickly.

No extra or hidden charges that I am aware of.
                Last edited by jcgriff2; Wed 28 Mar '12, 5:36pm.
                Sysnative Forums - http://www.sysnative.com/
                Microsoft MVP - http://mvp.microsoft.com/profiles/Griffith

Comment

• drn
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Nimbus Hosting

I can thoroughly vouch for the brilliant service we've had from Tim. It's early days so far - but have no complaints at all.

Ben

Originally posted by Kung
                  Despite having never heard of either GG or Tim @ Nimbus Hosting, I was struck by the fact that almost NO ONE has anything bad to say about either Tim or Nimbus Hosting. After quite a lengthy discussion with Tim, and numerous questions, we decided to take the plunge, and I can tell you that the money is WELL worth it. Despite having moved from a dedicated server to a cloud solution, it moves TONS faster, both due to the quality of the hardware and the configuration; and Tim and others have fixed issues that, frankly, I probably should have paid for (and offered to in one or two cases). I HIGHLY recommend them.

Comment

• celios
                    • Jul 2010

I can add my name to the list of those feeling the pain of a tarnished Global Gold. I think my forum has had an outage of some sort every day this week, two of them lasting 3+ hours. It's driving my users away and it's driving me crazy, so I'll be looking for someone else in the near future.

My advice, stay away from Global Gold, after the IOMart migration, they've gone down the pan.

Comment

• Leo Brazil
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by celios
                      My advice, stay away from Global Gold, after the IOMart migration, they've gone down the pan.
                      Me too !!

I've also tried TMD in US, good prices, decent servers but I don't know what happen on their server configuration and my board couldn't work corretly. Many mods that were simple and running OK on GG were not working any more. Even vBSEO that never caused me any issues or vBAdvanced were not running OK.
                      After getting sick of excuses like: vBSEO is always a nightmare, or you have to do some work on your mods, I decided to leave TMD also.

So I found Nimbus through one of their resellers LISLTD.

Finally got some change to chillout.

Comment

• simple
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mmzcash
                        URL Jet has never charge me anything extra. They have always answered all of my support tickets in a timely manner. They will answer your support tickets 24/7. You can also give them a call and someone will pick up the phone and talk to you. I am new to Vbulletin and I think their services are top notch. They also upgrade vbulletin sites for free if you use their hosting.
                        I have just signed upto URLjet on there shared hosting plan (small forum) and i mean just ..... within a hour my forum as been transferred and several questions answered and solutions given to my queries-problems i caused ..... amazing service !

Comment

• JohnyyDeJOTA
                          • Apr 2012

hey folks, i want to buy a vb license but i have the same problem: i don't know where to host my forum. I saw siteground and i like it but see thisthread and i want to ask professionals.
                          Can anyone take a look around and tell me something?

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Nothing in this world is unlimited for 4 dollars a month.

Comment

• whitey10tc
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 4.0.x

I host with gogax.com and have only had a couple minor problems a few months ago on October. But over all the pricing for their dedicated servers is fair and from day one I've dealt with the director of operations and my problems are solved quickly.

For shared hosts, I never found one that worked well for forums.
                              www.cdmagurus.com
                              www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• JohnyyDeJOTA
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
                                Nothing in this world is unlimited for 4 dollars a month.
                                i was a client since2007 to 2010 but i'll never use vb before.that's for. and really ... has you say so. *unlimited... i don't believe that. just i want to know if is properly to run with vb4xx.

Originally posted by whitey10tc
                                I host with gogax.com and have only had a couple minor problems a few months ago on October. But over all the pricing for their dedicated servers is fair and from day one I've dealt with the director of operations and my problems are solved quickly.

For shared hosts, I never found one that worked well for forums.
                                thank you for recommend me gogax.com
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a website on Hosting24 but is really bad to run vb. and it's with other premium boards. It runs ok with free boards.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...