I used hostgator reseller plan no problems

my forum www.forohosting.net

sorry for my english
    Elite Culturismo Forum Elite Culturismo Bodybulding and Fitness

Comment

• Bellina
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mhackl
      We're about to bail out of GoDaddy here real soon and we've been considering surpasshosting.com. It looks like they offer Godaddy prices with better options. We were really enthused about their cpanel interface After wading through Godaddys marketing based control panel everyday. We've had over one-hundred hours of total down time since we started with Godaddy back on Sept 1, 2006. Most of that came in a 76 hour chunk when they screw up our dns settings and could seem to figure it out.

If anyone knows of any reason to avoid these folks (surpasshosting) please let me know.
      After just moving to godaddy I am now forced to move also. For some reason our site will not load the pics off their server, and now the new pics are dissappearing. There are all kinds of weird glitches and it seems they are not a good vbulletin choice. Their favorite thing to say is that they won't help you because they don't support 3rd party software (vb). The support is absolutely horrific. I have spent at least 100 hours trying to fix this stuff to no avail. And to think I have to now do it all over again is horrifying. So I am wading through all these posts trying to find the best option. I'm thinking maybe hostrocket?
      Last edited by Bellina; Fri 20 Apr '07, 7:47am.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

GoDaddy & HostRocket are both the same in my book. Horrible.
        I do not recommend either.

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
          GoDaddy I can well understand from personal experience. I'm curious about HostRocket. What are the issues with them? And, I hope, this is from personal experience and not just second- or third-hand reports.

Peace,
          Gene

Comment

• Keev
            • Jan 2003

I have been with www.ReliableServers.com for 3 years always taken care of me and bent over backwards for me... Even helped me move vbulletin scripts and site from 1 server to another as well as customizing it to handle the extreme load it was getting. Nothing but props!

Comment

• Bellina
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Floris
              I just saw another thread on that. Good thing I saw that before I switched.

Comment

• SAT2M
                • Jan 2007

Hi
                I have a site with62MB database size with about 4000 members
                My site is in a shared host & my site shown Database error becuse it hava sql query limitation
                please help me to choice a good host with a lower than money cost so that dont have limitation
                Thanks
                BEST SITE FOR COMPUTER & RECIVER
                WWW.SAT2M.COM

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SAT2M
                  Hi
                  I have a site with62MB database size with about 4000 members
                  My site is in a shared host & my site shown Database error becuse it hava sql query limitation
                  please help me to choice a good host with a lower than money cost so that dont have limitation
                  Thanks
                  The issue, of course, is not so much how many members you have, but how many are present at any one time. Also, whether you have lots of file upload/downloads, or a chat mod of some sort.

If it's a largely text-based forum and you never have more than a few dozen users present at any one time, you can probably find a shared host that'll be able to handle the load. Otherwise, you have to budget for higher-end options.

I have a vBulletin forum at www.theparacast.com/forums and you can explore it to see how well it runs. I use DreamHost and have had extremely good performance over there.

Peace,
                  Gene

Comment

• SAT2M
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Gene Steinberg
                    The issue, of course, is not so much how many members you have, but how many are present at any one time. Also, whether you have lots of file upload/downloads, or a chat mod of some sort.

If it's a largely text-based forum and you never have more than a few dozen users present at any one time, you can probably find a shared host that'll be able to handle the load. Otherwise, you have to budget for higher-end options.

I have a vBulletin forum at www.theparacast.com/forums and you can explore it to see how well it runs. I use DreamHost and have had extremely good performance over there.

Peace,
                    Gene

Our site was very larger than yours You can see it in www.sat2m.com
                    It language was persian may be You cant know its topic & post
                    Thanks to you
                    BEST SITE FOR COMPUTER & RECIVER
                    WWW.SAT2M.COM

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SAT2M
                      Our site was very larger than yours You can see it in www.sat2m.com
                      It language was persian may be You cant know its topic & post
                      Thanks to you
                      Well, ours is quite new. We only moved it from SMF to vBulletin last December, and it was begun around 13 months ago.

Our database is 27MB so far.

Peace,
                      Gene

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Up to 150mb is pretty ok for a shared hosting solution. Once we hit the 250mb mark for ours we moved to a VPS. We're currently with vBulletin Fans Network on 400 mb .sql dumps. This is where having SSH shell access to the mysql server really is almost required to run a site smoothly.

Comment

• Ionsurge
                          • Nov 2002
                          • 3.8.x

WebIntellects - Linux VPS 3

Website's hosted: Loads! I have about 15 on my VPS right now.

Pros:
                          • Superb Uptime
                          • Surreal (at times) response times, all usually within 15 minutes
                          • Very fast servers
                          • They actually aren't a run-of-the-mill host, also, their site is quite dated but was designed by ceonex, who seem to make template-like styled websites

Cons:
                          • I've honestly not come across any yet. If I have had troubles, it's been due to my lack of knowledge, or the need for updates to software.

Conclusion:

I'd whole-heartedly recommend these guys. They do a great job, and I've been with them for over 3 years and never had a glitch. I've actually never experienced downtime in all that time - without being told previously, stating the time that it would last. But these have been for hardware/software upgrades, requested or not.

Honestly, a 9/10. They just lose a point cos they need a website revamp!

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Nice review ionsurge, thanks for posting.

Comment

• QsKGlobal.com
                              • May 2007
                              • 3.6.x

Name- IX Web Hosting

Site- http://************.com

Pros:

-Cheap at 500 GB Space, 3500 GB bandwidth, 100 SQL DBs, 3 free domains, and 300 subdomains. Host up to 8 sites- Only $8 a month. Barely over a $100 a year after setup.
                              -Quick setup
                              -24/7 Chat, Phone, and Ticket support
                              -99.9% uptime
                              -Very fast servers
                              -Great control panel
                              -Fast support with ticket, email, chat, and phone support

Cons:

-.1% downtime at very weird times, sometimes for an hour or more
                              -They're too perfect for the prices

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by QsKGlobal.com
                                Name- IX Web Hosting

Site- http://************.com

Pros:

-Cheap at 500 GB Space, 3500 GB bandwidth, 100 SQL DBs, 3 free domains, and 300 subdomains. Host up to 8 sites- Only $8 a month. Barely over a $100 a year after setup.
                                -Quick setup
                                -24/7 Chat, Phone, and Ticket support
                                -99.9% uptime
                                -Very fast servers
                                -Great control panel
                                -Fast support with ticket, email, chat, and phone support

Cons:

-.1% downtime at very weird times, sometimes for an hour or more
                                -They're too perfect for the prices
                                I'm concerned that they use PHP 4 and not PHP 5, which might present compatibility issues in some areas.

Peace,
                                Gene

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...