X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thenicevoice
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by shaynehammy
    Warning. DO NOT USE IX Web Hosting (www.************.com).

I would rather chew off my own arm than ever go with them again.

That's pretty bad!

Shayne...

I feel for you..and I sincerely hope that you will find the perfect hosting solution soon.

People are probably going to begin to think that I work for RealWebHost on the side . . . .because I can't seem to recommend them enough...but the truth is, I've never experienced such a level of professionalism in my life. Speaking of which, I just got off the phone with Joey from RWH about 30 minutes ago. He was only calling to check to see how things were with an issue that I was having 3 days ago. He is the epitome of excellence.

Good Luck.

Comment

• G3MM4
      • Apr 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by chrisj8221
      been with ASO for a few weeks now. sent lots of questions their way and always quick answers. I would recommend them for sure!

Chris
      Yeah but how's the server performance? Are they reliable? Do you get slow loading CPanel? I am looking for a new host, moving away from Siteground. I'm considering ASO, but I'm being rather cautious, hence my reply.
      Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

Comment

• chrisj8221
        • May 2006

i'm still in the development stages of my board hosted there so don't have a lot of traffic. I have heard from others that server performance is pretty good but you may have to eventually move up to a VPS once you get going.

Loading CPanel never seems to be a problem - real quick compared to my old host. the great thing is start out with their $5/month package, pay monthly to see if it works for you and make your decision after a while.

They even helped my move my development board over from old host to their service.

Chris

Comment

• G3MM4
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.7.x

Thanks, I think I will do that.
          Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

Comment

• zanack
            • Jun 2004
            • 3.6.x

Well, over the past couple of years I've been through various hosts.

I started off using Hostony for my main site. That was a disaster. The downtime was appalling to the point that the site became unusable.

I moved to F5 who were excellent at that time. Michael spent hours attempting to sort out the mess that Hostony left me with and got us up and running.

Another site I had moved from Ezboard to ASO. Whilst I found ASO to be friendly with fast responses, I had difficulty with their server loads. This was a tiny site which loaded far too slowly. I moved that to F5 too.

Just prior to the change of ownership on F5, I felt there was a change in the air. Something wasn't working as well as it should regards the responses I was getting. I decided then to move everything away.

I moved to EuroVPS and used this opportunity to move other sites I own to the server. I can't describe how positive this was/is. I moved everything in February, and to date, we've had only 10 minutes downtime whilst they changed the kernal.

Support at EuroVPS is excellent. They're quick and efficient. They don't build up personal relationships with customers, but they respond very fast to issues and take them seriously.

My sites load very quickly and I have found that running a VPS isn't as difficult as I had imagined it might be. EuroVPS are more than willing to help with any questions and over the last few months, I have learned a lot.

If anyone is looking for a European VPS, I would highly recommend them.

Comment

• shaynehammy
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by thenicevoice

That's pretty bad!

Shayne...

I feel for you..and I sincerely hope that you will find the perfect hosting solution soon.

People are probably going to begin to think that I work for RealWebHost on the side . . . .because I can't seem to recommend them enough...but the truth is, I've never experienced such a level of professionalism in my life. Speaking of which, I just got off the phone with Joey from RWH about 30 minutes ago. He was only calling to check to see how things were with an issue that I was having 3 days ago. He is the epitome of excellence.

Good Luck.

Realwebhost only offer 500Mb to 1,2Gb plans. Too small for most people.

Comment

• roscoe36
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.5.x

I have been using LayeredTech for an unmanaged dedicated server since June of 2005. They have been pretty good and the pricing has been fair. Their network has had great uptime while I have been with them. The only thing that sucks is their hardware SLA (12 hours), which in the case of investigation of a dying hard drive took much longer.

OTOH, when I asked for a RAM upgrade, and scheduled a time for it, I was down for a total of 3 minutes.

I use TouchSupport for server management. I've used some others but inevitably got turned off by escalating prices, declining service and shady responses. TS has been very honest, reply rapidly and the server is up and secure which is really all that matters.

My 2 cents.

Comment

• redraider
                  • Oct 2006

Hosting Decision

I have decided to buy vBulleting for the forums I am going to start. I am really confused on which host to go for! Here are a few I have shortlisted based on peoples recommendations, but I am not sure where to go!

- A small orange:
                  - hostrocket
                  - IXwebhost

All look good. Some are better than the others. I am hoping that I wouldnt have to move from one host to other after some time.

There are a few other questions I have:
                  - How do I estimate how much I bandwidth/space I need?
                  - What are the critical parameters to really consider for choosing a webhost [except for cost]

Please provide your views
                  GMAT Prep

Comment

• Cagonni
                    • Nov 2005

any idea about

www.hostdepartment.com

all of the properties unlimited..BW,storage,mysql.

i cant understand

Comment

• ash_bond
                      • Oct 2005

can't guarantee, itz tough to beleive such people tht too with such a low price

Comment

• feldon23
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.7.x

Low price + Unlimited = Keep Away in my opinion

Comment

• JP30
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by shaynehammy
                          Warning. DO NOT USE IX Web Hosting (www.************.com).

I would rather chew off my own arm than ever go with them again. My site is consistently slow (when its up) and despite numerous complaints (1-2 a day!) it remains unresolved. Their 24x7 chat live support is in India and the representitives there struggle to understand English in its basic form.

After 7 months i have learned my lesson and searching for a new hosting company. Hence my input into this thread.

Regards

Shayne
                          I agree with Shayne. IX Web Hosting sucks if you have an average of 60-70 users online. It's been constantly slow, and customer support can't give me an explanation except tell me that everything is working fine.

I think I'm going to go with a dedicated server.

Comment

• feldon23
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by JP30
                            I agree with Shayne. IX Web Hosting sucks if you have an average of 60-70 users online. It's been constantly slow, and customer support can't give me an explanation except tell me that everything is working fine.

I think I'm going to go with a dedicated server.
                            60-70 users online simultaneously (assuming 15 minute cookie) is too much for shared hosting. VPS or dedicated host is inevitable no matter who you are hosted with.

Comment

• gopherhockey
                              • Jul 2002
                              • 3.6.x

So many suggestions on asmallorange.com I went with them today.

Things were so slow I couldn't even ftp my files to the site. I contacted support and the first thing they wanted to do was move me to a new server.

No thanks.

Another provider that has gotten too big for their own good perhaps?
                              www.morcmtb.org

Comment

• Zachery
                                Former vBulletin Support
                                • Jul 2002

Did you give them a chance to move you to a new server? It could have been a provision issue with their scripts or a tech making a mistake.

We still reguarlly recive good feedback from ASO users. However i would always fully investigate any hosting provider prior to hosting with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...