X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • express
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

Great to hear, come back in 6 months to a year and let everyone know how it has been.

Joey
    Real Web Host

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I certainly will. Hopefully, like most of their other feedback in here, it'll still be good. But I'll be the first to say if not.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• silentdub
        • Jan 2009

Up and running with VB and wwwStablehost.com with 0 ZERO issues!

Small forum, Newb friendly.

www.mk1dubz.com

Email this guy for a quote.

[email protected]

I am not getting paid, or am I part of any of the companies that I spoke about.

Comment

• smnet
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.8.x

I just thought I would write and say not only how pleased I am with Global Gold, but also very surprised.
          On our previous hosting, server loads would often reach levels that were so high the site would often get suspended. In fact, every hosting prior to Global Gold has seen a similar issue.
          I was advised by everyone that a dedicated server was really the only way to go for busy forum communities and much to the dismay of my wallet I was almost accepting that.

However, because of a long chat with some other vBulletin owners here, and on vBSEO.com (and a very high recommendation), after much thought I decided to give them a whirl - I am sure they could feel my skepticism in the beginning, frankly I didn't believe what I had heard, but I have since apologised for my somewhat overly cautious attitude out the outset. I think that a very wise decision was made that day, just over a week ago now when I decided NOT to go with a dedicated server, but a VPS from Global Gold.

In this last week I have come to realise that something must have been seriously wrong with our old server and servers before that. I think that other hosts servers are not tweaked - they are configured for a middle ground suited to run 'anything', but tailored specifically to nothing much. When it comes to hosting vBulletin powered websites I know now that most other hosts just wont cut it the same way as Global Gold. vBulletins are not ecommerce sites, they are not lightweight CMS systems or 'shop window' sites - vBulletin is a community building tool. It builds BIG communities and powers the biggest communities on the internet - I am glad that our new host recognise that vBulletin is a different animal.

In my opinion there are two types of hosting - regular hosting and vBulletin hosting. vBulletin has specific needs and demands but somehow Global Gold manage to squeeze every last drop of performance from our server, in fact maybe that's not quite accurate because our server isn't really doing anything according to our CPU monitor. Prior to moving loads of 5,6,7 and higher were not an uncommon occurrence and even at our most busy times loads now seldom exceed 0.8 - this is what amazes me, delights me and also makes me smile - a VPS server is obviously cheaper than a dedicated server, and I have saved a packet thanks to Global Gold. It's reassuring to know that as we get even busier we can upgrade our VPS and in time upgrade further to that dedicated server after all..... but I certainly don't need one now - at least not whilst on Global Gold's VPS boxes anyway.

Thanks to them, and those who recommended them to me I have regained precious time in my life, I can finally relax and quit worrying and concentrate on our community.

I can't thank them enough for their AMAZING service.

Rob
          www.StudentMidwife.NET

Comment

• Maltair
            • Feb 2009

I ended up going with the $12.95 per month host gator business plan. All is well so far.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Great read http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...ting-provider/

Comment

• express
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.6.x

Also please read any fine print when it comes to cpu and ram usage...

Joey
                Real Web Host

Comment

• sross
                  • Mar 2004

Just a note to say Wiredtree.com is THE most solid host I've ever used. I have been around too.. was at Rackspace for a while. I got twice the machine at wiredtree for 1/3 the price at rackspace (who got very slack with me in the end). With Wiredtree I have never had an unscheduled outage in almost 1yr. All support calls are answered within 5-10mins 24/7 and they know what they're doing. Even better they just started supporting LiteSpeed web server so I upgraded to that today and my server load has dropped to an insane low plus the site is really flying now. I have a board with 32,000+ registered.. quite active place. I hope they keep up the good work because I have finally found a host I can count on. Other shout out goes to realwebhost.com I still have a few sites there and Joey is the man.
                  Last edited by sross; Fri 10 Apr '09, 3:36pm.

Comment

• RedWingFan
                    • Sep 2004

I've been with Pair Networks since January 1997 and see no reason to change. A few of their options are behind the curve, but we've been through three dedicated servers, an upgrade each time, as our traffic grew. They're a fully managed service, with "urgent" support available around the clock. Which means I don't have to lose sleep, wondering if the server is working as it should. It may be a few bucks more than others, but we haven't regretted staying here so long.

Comment

• MyChemicalSelf
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 3.8.x

I used Bio Hosts for a month or so, I have experienced high uptime, excellent support and fast load times I would recommend them to all!

Comment

• Pipert
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 3.8.x

At the moment i'm using Burst Networks (burstnetworks.com.au) as my hosting provider. I am on an Australian shared hosting plan. The servers performance is very quick. I have never needed support from these guys. These guys don't officially offer shared hosting but i was lucky they let me have a shared hosting account. The server only has 9 domains hosted so i guess this is why the server is really quick.

Comment

• tomh
                          • Apr 2009

Latest experience: Lunarpages will shut you down for using the same amount of resources you can get away with at hostmonster.

Comment

• ZacUSNYR
                            • Mar 2005

I recently lost my dedicated server and migrated my fairly small Forum to HostRocket.com shared hosting. The server I was placedon was oversold, underspeced, and very slow. My website was unuseable. Even static pages were slow.

I bought a VPS solution elsewhere and my site is whipping now.

Big Thumbsdown on Hostrocket.com shared hosting.

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Knownhost is excellent. I moved there after 2 years on Hostww.net shared hosting, then moving to their vps which wasn't much better.

Several months on a VPS at Knownhost has me singin' a happy tune
                              Peggy
                              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• bamnc
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by csmith
                                I've found www.URLJet.com and they seem to take a lot of pride in saying the will host and maintain your vBulletin board. They even publish a phone number on their site to call them... which is almost unusual .

Anybody had experience with URLjet.com?
                                I contacted URLJet to host my vBulletin web site and everything sounded good so I made the commitment. They were supposed to migrate my site to their host system.

They started working and made some progress but then I couldn't get in touch with anyone who knew what the planned activation date was. After several months my funds were refunded and I have yet to find out why they abandoned the project even though I have sent several emails requesting the information.

Result is that I wasted months expecting to move and update my vBulletin web site and have had to start over on a different host system.

The only good thing about the experience was that they did refund some of my cost although I purchased several licenses that they asked me to get for the planned migration that I now own but don't yet use.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...