X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theoldwiz
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by csmith
    I've found www.URLJet.com and they seem to take a lot of pride in saying the will host and maintain your vBulletin board. They even publish a phone number on their site to call them... which is almost unusual .

Anybody had experience with URLjet.com?
    I would like to hear some info about them, they look good

Comment

• dknelson99
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

Well, here is my story. I've been hosting my forum at Site5 for about 4 years. I upgraded to VB 3 a couple of days ago and that is when the trouble started. Two days in a row Site5 disabled my site because they said it was using too many resources. They claimed that I needed to update my software and etc. I couldn't find a problem. I do know that from looking in my CP at Site5, the C drive was flashing yellow at 87% capacity. I also know that they only allow 15 concurrent connections and I was getting a LOT of database errors due to too many users.

I came here looking for recommendations and found two or three that seemed to get several good posts from customers. I finally decided to give A Small Orange a shot.

I purchased an account with them last night. They helped, basically did everything, migrate my site from Site5 to their servers. This morning I changed the nameservers to their's and within minutes I was up and running again. That means that I purchased the service and they did the migration and had me operational in less than 12 hours.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I've tried a few hosts over the years and have had some decent and some bad experiences. I've never had a better experience than what I got with this company. They bent over backwards to help me. There were a few glitches, my problems, that they helped me with and responded very quickly.

Too early to say how the performance will be over the long haul but at this point, I'm more pleased with A small orange than with any host I've ever tried. I highly recommend them at this point.

A Small Orange is a refreshingly different web hosting company which prides itself on providing fast, reliable hosting with exceptional customer service.

Comment

• dknelson99
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

WOW....sounds high to me. $25.00 a month? Maybe worth it for some folks but not me.

Comment

• russellw
          • Nov 2005

We've had the last 3 years with A+ on dedicated servers and had been generally pleased with the response times and their support until the last few months when things seem to have gone down hill somewhat. It is also worth noting that their add on costs for RAM/disk upgrades are probably excessive.

Up time in this period has been poor, they have suffered a number of network outages and we've had some hardware issues that have proven difficult to resolve largely because the current skill set in their tech support area seems a bit low and it's a raffle whether you get someone who actually has a clue.

Consequently we are now building our own server for co location and would thus be interested in hearing if anyone has positive experiences with any provider in North America.

We presently have 43,000 members, 2,084,000 posts in 138,000 threads, a database size of 4.2 Gb and something around 12.7 Gb of gallery images in a Photopost Pro gallery - we've been using vbPortal but this is about to be replaced. Traffic runs at about 650 Gb / month.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards
          Russ

Comment

• Ark del KAOS
            • Feb 2008

Mediatemple GS

Hi! I'm having problems with the database in a Mediatemple GS
            About 8GB/m, and about 1000 page loads in one day.
            Just another starting community.

The thing is than I don't know if it's my fault, or it's the host.
            In your experience with the GS...¿What do you think about it?

Any recommendations?

Thanks you very much!
            Last edited by Ark del KAOS; Tue 27 May '08, 7:05pm.

Comment

• xennamgyal
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.7.x

Premium VPS Domain Hosting

I have found Premium VPS Domain Hosting really good. If your looking for support(and who isn't??), then this company is the one. I have been with some other so-called good hosts, but this one is better.

Pros

• Unmetered space
              • Unmetered bandwidth
              • Unlimited MySQL databases
              • Unlimited Addon domains
              • Unlimited Subdomains
              • Fully managed
              • 99.9% uptime
              • Linux(Unix)
              • cPanel/WHM
              • All the latest software/everything is kept up-to-date
              • PHP 4 and PHP 5
              • Nightly backups on separate server
              • Very fast servers
              • vBulletin friendly
              • One of the best Support teams that I have seen!
              • Anytime Money Back Guarantee!!

CONS

• None, that I have experienced

I have been with this company for over a year. They have the best support I have ever seen, fast and friendly. Their servers are fast, but very reliable. They charge $12mth or $120 a year, which imho, is really good value, for what you are getting. They also offer an anytime money back guarantee, which I have never seen before. Premium VPS Domain Hosting is a great option if your sick of all the BS of the other hosting companies.

Checkout Premium VPS Domain Hosting

Comment

• RogerPf
                • Sep 2006

I have to agree with this guy below. Great hosting company. Great support great service. Same lowcost plan. Works perfectly.

And I had never heard of them until a month ago.

Originally posted by jaycob
                Hi guys

Just like to share some great hosting with you if ok by others.
                i believe thousands of people out there are missing out.
                after searching the entire net and studying all hosts i found the cheapest and most reliable host on the net today.
                Anyone wants to run a ibp boards or vbulletin boards well Downtownhost is for you

i am currently using the bronze plan at:
                www.downtownhost.com
                24/7 support
                5 GB Disk Space
                100 GB Bandwidth
                Unlimited Addon Domains - Multiple Domain Hosting
                Unlimited Email Accounts
                24/7 live support
                Cpanel (With RvSkin)
                Pre-Installed Script Library (Fantastico de luxe)
                Money Back Guarantee
                Site Builder
                Free Site Builder
                starting at
                $4.95*

I have a vbulletin forum site with over 3300 members with over 300 guests 24/7.

Easy sign up: $15 domains

any questions? [email protected]

WANT MORE. Then "Link" to DownTownHost for a chance to win free prizes!
                Affordable and reliable web hosting provider offering package starting at $2.95

what more can you ask from a host.

Comment

• jaycob
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by RogerPf
                  I have to agree with this guy below. Great hosting company. Great support great service. Same lowcost plan. Works perfectly.

And I had never heard of them until a month ago.

im actually glad i moved away from downtownhost.com as the support there is crap and the staff are really rude and nasty. support tickets take over 24 hours to answer and the live support chat is just there for looks lol, they never answer the live chat. after i moved away from downtownhost.com and canceled my account they kept on sending invoices dated back to 1969 lol, i dont think i was a live in 1969. according to them i must of been anyway i emailed them about the invoices dated back to 1969 and they said opps, but after that the invoices keep on coming in junk mail as i seen today and has gone from $22.95 to $121.80 owing. to make it worse i have a domain through downtownhost.com and wanted to transfer it to somewhere cheaper, downtownhost.com would not let me transfer the domain until i paid my outstanding balance, which
                  was $0.00 but i ended up paying the $22.95 for i think half a month, even tho they bounced my bank account up to $65 after i cancelled. after all this i decide to make one more ticket and see what the problem is and its been 48 hours without a reply. so if your thinking of buying a domain through downtownhost.com "forget it" you also think to your self the hosting and support is great till you have been there a year things start to change, your an old member, less important now and the support turn to crap.
                  im sooooo glad i moved to
                  Host Gator the live chat is amazing, live support is the best on the web. not to mention the server is lightening fast. BEST HOSTING EVER

EDIT: i last updated this post on
                  Thu 18th Sep '08 at 5:03pm
                  it is now 10th oct 08.....and still no reply to me ticket at downtownhost, and there still trying to take money from my credit card....just shows that downtownhost.com does not give a **** about there reputation.

Host Gator Rocks
                  Last edited by jaycob; Thu 9 Oct '08, 7:28pm.
                  Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

• dabollicks
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3.8.x

Hi, I would just like to add EUKhost to this thread
                    After moving my community from 34sp.com to a shared plan at EUKhost, things have been going great. I have since moved to a VPS supplied by EUK and must say that they have been a great help in getting it up and running as i would like. Live chat support available 24/7, which was very much needed as im a linux noob, friendly support staff, and the most important thing, a very reliable server

Worth every penny IMO
                    www.pst-uk.co.uk
                    www.refchat.co.uk

Comment

• dharam kundra
                      • Mar 2008

hey guys i have taken hosting from globat.com but there hosting sucks they have everything right they provide nice bandwidth and space but the forum in their server works too slow really!so i was planning to open a new vb 3.7with new hosting company but need suggestions in which server it will work like a rocket speed and give unlimited bandwidth and hosting space plz reply guys asap!

Comment

• PeopleCore
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3.6.x

It would be helpful if you guys could list the processors used by your VPS providers. Are we talking P3' or P4's or Xeon Quad core's here? When somebody says their server is slow I want to know if the provider is over selling or using outdated equipment.

Comment

• fufu
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Powweb BLOWS! I have been a customer since 2001, and these past months I hopped the fence and have been looking for another hosting solution.

Great on Storage space, no problems. BUT! MySQL always sends me errors that the maximum user limit on the server has been reached. I only have 100 users at most with maybe 5 active users at one time.

Stay away from Powweb~!

My Email Server GOES DOWN FREQUENTLY!

AVOID AVOID AVOID!

They have never offered me free services or extended time. That I hear from their testimonials! My Database was down for 4 days and they never offered me any compensation.

NOT vBULLETIN FRIENDLY!!!

Update!
                          Powweb only allows a maximum of 10 conections from each customer to their database. They suggest, I tell everyone no to use the MySQL as much.
                          Last edited by fufu; Thu 26 Jun '08, 5:25am.

Comment

• 357Magnum
                            • Jul 2008

F INMOTION

that is all for now until I feel like explaining.

Comment

• lovely_vin
                              • Jul 2008

netwayweb.net

giving excellent hosting support with almost 99.9% uptime and am quite happy with them. they do not provide dedicated hosting, thats the sad part.

Comment

• BigDog56
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by xennamgyal

I have found Premium VPS Domain Hosting really good. If your looking for support(and who isn't??), then this company is the one. I have been with some other so-called good hosts, but this one is better.

Pros

• Unmetered space
                                • Unmetered bandwidth
                                • Unlimited MySQL databases
                                • Unlimited Addon domains
                                • Unlimited Subdomains
                                • Fully managed
                                • 99.9% uptime
                                • Linux(Unix)
                                • cPanel/WHM
                                • All the latest software/everything is kept up-to-date
                                • PHP 4 and PHP 5
                                • Nightly backups on separate server
                                • Very fast servers
                                • vBulletin friendly
                                • One of the best Support teams that I have seen!
                                • Anytime Money Back Guarantee!!
                                CONS

• None, that I have experienced
                                I have been with this company for over a year. They have the best support I have ever seen, fast and friendly. Their servers are fast, but very reliable. They charge $12mth or $120 a year, which imho, is really good value, for what you are getting. They also offer an anytime money back guarantee, which I have never seen before. Premium VPS Domain Hosting is a great option if your sick of all the BS of the other hosting companies.

Checkout Premium VPS Domain Hosting
                                When you try to register, their verification code is a red x. Not a good sign, lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...