Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twells22
    • Dec 2006

Please help me find the right host!

I really need help finding the right host for me! Here is what I'm looking for.

Right now I am just starting out, I'm currently hosted at ************ but was recently told it wasn't a good hosting service. I am getting my 30-day money back now.

I need a host where I can host my vb forum and easily upgrade as it grows with out changing hosts. I don't know what to use because I keep getting answers from what looks like spammers.

I have heard the following were good:
    asmallorange.com
    ihosty.com
    polurnet.com

I am new to this and just now taking classes so I need a site that has good customer service, 24/7 would be nice.

Please lend your opinions, I would really like to get my site running by new years.

Thank You.
  • twells22
    • Dec 2006

Also what do you recomend for Bandwith and Disc Space starting out?
    Right now the hosts I am considering are:
    asmallorange.com
    gatorhost.com
    polurnet.com

Comment

• Curtis H.
      • Dec 2003

Budget?
      :cool:

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by twells22
        Also what do you recomend for Bandwith and Disc Space starting out?
        Another company to consider is www.realwebhost.com
        Excellent service, even on this holiday weekend.

My forum uses almost 40Gb of bandwidth and is less than 100Mb of disk space. My forum is not very busy, maybe at the most, 20 people at once. We have +3500 members which really is meaningless. I have ~325 regular members who log in at least once every 10 days.

I also have a photogallery which uses a lot of disk space. Maybe another 300M. Others will disagree, but I like companies that list a phone number rather than support by email only.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• encryption
          • May 2005

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
          Others will disagree, but I like companies that list a phone number rather than support by email only.
          what is it about having to talk to someone that makes you feel better ? I've been helping a friend with hosting for over a year now and I have clients who are just happy without phone support.

Main thing about phone support to remember is that majority of the times, you wont get to talk to the tech who's working on your problem. Just someone who answers the phone, updates the trouble ticket and verbally confirms to you it will be looked into. An email pretty much do the same thing.
          www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
          www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• steven s
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by encryption
            Main thing about phone support to remember is that majority of the times, you wont get to talk to the tech who's working on your problem.
            Like I said, some people will disagree. . .

The few times I have had to call, like when I don't have access to a computer, I get a real live person who is the owner and tech support. It may not be important to everyone, but it is to me.

Leaving a support ticket makes me think I have to wait for some kid to get home from school to help me. It's all about perception. That is the perception I get with email or support ticket support.

Don't be so defensive. I'm not putting you down.
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• ---MAD---
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.8.x

I suggest www.lunarpages.com - They are amazing. Great support, great hosting, great uptime, great techs etc .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...