X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Takkero
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Legal Action.

Hi, i bought a licensed copy of vbulletin few time ago and i install it on a host payed by me and other people (They pay ONLY the host not the license for vbulletin). Now after some times we got some problem and i leave this group. I delete from FTP the vbulletin + addons files, backup the database on my own pc and delete it from remote mysql server of the host.

Now they ask me to give them the Database of forum. i said that i can't give them because there are personal information about all users that was registered on it and because was the database of my own license.

They say wanna make legal action against me... i ask vbuleltin staff pls to help me saying if i must give them the Database or i must not.

Sorry i post in this section because i dont fine 1 better...

Thx

Takkero
  • gbhedges
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Umm. If you were the original owner of that database and forum used on it then you should have the right to keep the db for reasons! But why would they want the database though ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

You need to consult with a lawyer. We cannot give you legal advice.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• encryption
        • May 2005

I can't imagine that someone will threaten you with legal repurcussions over a shared message board hosting situation.

I'm no lawyer, but they're talking through their hats. Sounds like empty threats to me.
        www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
        www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...