X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EragonNOR
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

Dedicated Host?

I'm looking for a good & cheap dedicated offer.

My forums got 4000+ members, 70000+ posts and 13000+ threads, throu the day, we have about 100 users online(members & guests), and the current dedicated won't stand it for any longer.

So, if you know any host that is good, and ofcourse, cheap, please, PM me or post a reply
  • Phillip Friedric
    • Sep 2006

I would suggest yet again, GoDaddy.com they are affordable, and you can have your Domain, SQL along with your hosting through them. Whenever i have talked to them when i have had problems they have been very happy to help.

Comment

• EragonNOR
      • May 2006
      • 3.6.x

their servers ain't good enought, or atleast not for me, as my current dedicated is a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ , 1 GB RAM, 100 Mbit, Linux.

What I need is a Opteron, best would be dualcore

Comment

• Joshs
        • Jan 2001

Take a look at: www.softlayer.com

Comment

• jasonlitka
          • Mar 2006
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by EragonNOR
          their servers ain't good enought, or atleast not for me, as my current dedicated is a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ , 1 GB RAM, 100 Mbit, Linux.

What I need is a Opteron, best would be dualcore
          IDE/SATA drives, right? Make sure your new server has 10K or 15K SCSI drives. You may also want to upgrade to 2GB of RAM and dual-processor or dual-core.

As was recommended, try out SoftLayer. They're a new service with a pretty good rep. My stuff is hosted at The Planet. They're expensive but the service is worth every penny.
          Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• Joshs
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by jason|xoxide
            IDE/SATA drives, right? Make sure your new server has 10K or 15K SCSI drives. You may also want to upgrade to 2GB of RAM and dual-processor or dual-core.

As was recommended, try out SoftLayer. They're a new service with a pretty good rep. My stuff is hosted at The Planet. They're expensive but the service is worth every penny.
            SCSI/SAS is not necessarily required. The 10k Raptors compete with the 10k SCSI/SAS. For a forum with 100 users online at a time regular SATA should do just fine for a while.

As for SL v. TP. TP has a great network and SL has great server hardware. There have been a few network incidents in the past week which I hope get resolved permanently.

Comment

• jasonlitka
              • Mar 2006
              • 4.0.x

I do not trust the Raptor drives. They may be as fast as 10K RPM SCSI/SAS drives but they are not as reliable (I know, I've had two fail in my personal systems at home).
              Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• surgitech
                • Sep 2006

how about enom, bluedream, or yahoo web host?

Comment

• EragonNOR
                  • May 2006
                  • 3.6.x

well, 300+ USD is to much for me, as my current host only want 40EUR

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...