X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cnutter
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.8.x

Real pain in the....need some help ASAP

Ok, So I know everyone has heard this type of post 10 million times already but I am about to be SOL in a week and I really need some help....

I have been running my own colocation sence 1998... and having been paying for it due to a very good customer we had/have and its been great. My buddy is now going to work full time with the people who have been paying our bills and my gravy train has run out. I am going to have to start paying them for hosting on a new server they are providing. And guess what?... they want way to much per month for barely any space on the new server they are moving everything too and I cant aford to keep the colocation in place. So now I am looking for hosting. I am going to start with a fresh install of everything so my current site is going bye bye...

So here is what I need.

(my current site has been running for a year now and is using 589mb of storage and 347mbs of that is database and is doing 45 to 60 GBs of transfer per month now. Most of this being posts and not attachments.)

I need A host that can handle vbulletin 3.6 RC3 or Gold whatever is current when I relocate. vbadvanced, PhotoPost PHP Pro are going to be added to my site... IT will need to allow me 30+ GB disk space and unlimited database space up my diskspace limit if need be also I need at least 150+ GB transfer per month on the bandwidth. I know this is alot more than I am using now but if I start using vbadvanced and PhotoPost PHP Pro my disk usage and transfer will go way up.

So someone give me some options. Thanx in advanced.
    yawn... I am bored....
  • Jedito
    • May 2001

As you has been running your own server, you should be aware that no host is going to host you on a shared environment with requirements and usage like that.
    I suggest you to search (although I'm not sure if even that is going to be enough) a VPS.
    Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
    LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• SaintDog
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.5.x

You'll be hard pressed to find a shared hosting solution with 30GB's of disk space and 50GB-100GB's of bandwidth that will actually be reliable & allow you to fully utilize the given limits.

You'll also be hard pressed to find a host, shared or VPS, that will not limit your database storage in some fashion.

If you're really looking to lift the limits, other than those set by the server hardware, you're really looking for a dedicated server.

Comment

• egndragon1
        egndragon1 commented
        Editing a comment
        can u help me install a vb please skype is jjavens44
    • encryption
      • May 2005

Look for a dependable host with semi-dedicated hosting, should get you by. How many simultaneous max users online are we looking at ?
      www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
      www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• cnutter
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.8.x

At any given time 15 users with a max of 50.
        yawn... I am bored....

Comment

• cnutter
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.8.x

Ok I am looking at hostmysite.com has anyone used them before?
          yawn... I am bored....

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You really need to be looking for a dedicated solution if you insist on 30gb of diskspace, thats a very large chunk of a server. Esp considering you are only using less than a gig now.

Comment

• cnutter
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.8.x

Zachery

Thanx I understand that... and I am looking into a managed server solution. As for using less than a gig now its simply due to the fact I have not yet bought and installed photopost. When that happens the need for webspace and datatransfer will grow very fast. Thanx for the help.
              yawn... I am bored....

Comment

• encryption
                • May 2005

I'll vouch for hostmysite, they're pretty solid with their support but you'll pay a nifty dollar for them
                www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3.8.x

try Hostww.net

VERY reliable, and affordable
                  Peggy
                  ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...