X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hazan
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Do i realy need dedicated hosting?

My hosting provide just star complaining about my forum (big memory consumption ?). It is a shared environment.
    My forum is about more then 6,000 users, about 150-200 on-line and about 180,000 posts.
    You can check it at http://canon-board.info .

My question is did I really need dedicated hosting ? – or maybe my provider should do a server optimization ( which is less possible because its share serer and hi will not risk for me any changes probably)

Thanks for any advice.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

By far, with that many users online at one time you need to move off of shared hosting.

Comment

• hazan
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

OK - thank you for adivce - can you suggest please minmu requirement for that type of forum. I am not technical guy but i need to find other hosting provider.

Comment

• Joshs
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by hazan
        OK - thank you for adivce - can you suggest please minmu requirement for that type of forum. I am not technical guy but i need to find other hosting provider.
        Further information would help others in giving you advice...

What size is the database? How much disk space are you currently consuming? How much bandwidth transfer are you using? How much do you expect to grow within the next 6-12 months?

From the information that you provided, I think that an AMD Opteron 165 or alike would be a good choice.

Comment

• hornstar6969
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

VPS is an option but I would go for dedicated personally. Take the leap and you will be happy coz ur site is obviously only going to keep growing.

check out webhostingtalk they may help you more on this.
          Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...