X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

$200usd Budget a month

I need a new managed dedicated server. with no setup fee. and need my current sites and all the files from this server moved to the new server. My next payment for the server is the 1st of this month, so hopefully before that would be nice lol.

I need cpanel/whm but would like to have fantastico deluxe

I would like about 1000 gig to 2000 gig of bandwidth a month although im currently only using about 40-50 gig a month, this should rise alot in the next year.

I'd love a dual CPU about 2 x 80 gig sata hard drives 2 gig of ram etc. but all these things are concrete. I am open to views and ideas with what server I should be using to run my site/s on, and with growth to support when i start selling hosting in the near future.

My site is here http://www.gamerzneeds.net/forums the cookies are timed at 60 minutes.

I am currently having around 200 people on the site at a time, 100 members 100 guest and usualy get around 700-800 members a day to the forums. This was about 400 a month ago, so my site is growing quite good after almost being up for a year.

I would like a host that accepts IRC but not essential.

I would like a host that supports really good, can work with me and work out solutions to problems, such problems like if a doss attack was to happen etc.

My max budget is now $200 usd but if there are servers that are a little more please advice me, and i'll see what i can do, but $200usd is so much a month just for renting a server when my site wont be making that much :/

Hopefully someone out there knows of some good deals etc, or if a hosting company is readying this, please pm me with a special deal or post it here. (I'm currently looking on WHT as well, I need this urgently)

Thanks for anyone who can help.
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

• hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Can someone please comment on this offer at WHT

Dual core Pentium D 2.8 Ghz, 2GBs of RAM, 160GB drive, 2240GBs of bandwidth: $153/month

Is 7mbps of bandwidth bad? Would that lag the site if lots of people are on? and considering lots of people download stuff from my site, would that mean I should get a 100mbps connection?

Is the company respected?

Any other comments on this or is you know a better or a good one please let me know.

thanks
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• Freezerator
      • May 2002
      • 3.6.x

Why not ask the hoster. Normally you get a 100mb/s link, but you aren't allowed to use more then 2240GB bandwith of it.

The only lag you will get is the site is to heavy to run on one server.

I do dislike your spyware banner...
      Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• Ramiro S
        • Apr 2003
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by hornstar6969
        I need cpanel/whm but would like to have fantastico deluxe
        I'm using EV1Servers.net and never have a problem with them... I have 3 vBulletin forums. Never a problem and the cPanel accounts have Fantastico.

Comment

• Joshs
          • Jan 2001

Take a look at Softlayer: www.softlayer.com

I'd recommend considering the AMD Opteron 165 or 170 over the Intel desktop processor.

Comment

• alemcherry
            • Jun 2006

Liquidweb is a good option if you need managed. Godaddy is cost effective, for an unmanaged server. You will get a pretty good one for your needs, at $150.
            Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...