X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f8l-vnm
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

imagelinkusa.net?

I hate for my first post here to be something like this but….
    Has anyone else had an issue with imagelinkusa.net? I can’t get to there website anymore and there whois info is really messed up. I’ve tried calling their phone number, since emails don’t go through, and it hangs up after the first ring.
    Anyone else having issues or know what’s going on?

Thanks,
    Noah
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I can't access the website either.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Interdit
      • May 2002
      • 3.8.x

Hello,

With their domain avaible, it doesn't sounds good. Are you hosted there ?
      Last edited by Interdit; Thu 15 Jun '06, 6:34am. Reason: removing double signature
      BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
      Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
      Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

• f8l-vnm
        • Jun 2006
        • 3.5.x

Unfortunately, yes, I am hosted there.
        So far I haven’t had any service interruptions but I don’t feel safe, that’s for sure.

Comment

• Interdit
          • May 2002
          • 3.8.x

Well do backup your site as you still have access in case. But maybe they are changing registar and website. Who knows.
          BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
          Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
          Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

• dtweiss
            • Aug 2007

imagelinkusa.net

They dont respond to tickets or emails. Their spam box went down on me and i get tons of spam. I switched my hosting to godaddy but now its really screwed up. Some peoples emails go to godaddy and i get them others go to my closed mail box at imagelinkusa and they are still accepted into my old mail server and not rejected.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

I used to be hosted with ImagelinkUSA...for five years until April this year.

They used to be very good. I was on a shared server but got loads of less than 1.0 most of the time.

Then in February this year something happened. My guess is they got sold, but we got moved to another server (which was later referred to as a "consolidation") and this server was forever going down or slowing up with some quite unbelievable loads...the record was 427...yes four hundred and twenty seven.

A different person was answering the tickets but we just got excuse after excuse and promise after promise.

Eventually I dug out the email address of the chap who *used* to answer the tickets, the support manager, and he said he'd left but could still "influence things" and access the server...I think he was one of the founders of the company.

He made some tweaks but things still failed to improve, and eventually he stopped answering emails.

Tickets to the main desk only got answered if they were something simple, like correcting the server time. Anything about the speed of the server was simply closed unanswered.

After three months of appallingly slow speeds and ridiculous downtimes, I lost patience and switched to a new host before my site lost members due to the problems. I'm now on a semi-dedicated plan with a superb new host.

I'd love to know what happened to Imagelink, but I guess I'll never know.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• dblonski
                • Sep 2007

ImagelinkUSA

I'm not sure what's going, but for the last 5 months those jerks have been double and tripple charging me for hosting and they won't return email or phone calls. The phone number they have given Paypal is a fake. Not to mention, they don't stand by their guarantees. Their website offers 10% off your next bill for every 4 hours they are late responding to trouble tickets. Don't bother trying to get it though, they don't honor it.

Comment

• jorge
                  • Sep 2007

Is Imagelink dead?

I have been hosted with Imagelinkusa for 4 years, but last month I have been trying to contact support to cancel an account according to their "30 day no risk guarantee" But they haven't answered any messages.

I wonder if they are out of bussiness.

If you have hosted sites there I think it would be a good time to make your backups ASAP!

Comment

• Gene Steinberg
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    I used to be hosted with ImagelinkUSA...for five years until April this year.

They used to be very good. I was on a shared server but got loads of less than 1.0 most of the time.

Then in February this year something happened. My guess is they got sold, but we got moved to another server (which was later referred to as a "consolidation") and this server was forever going down or slowing up with some quite unbelievable loads...the record was 427...yes four hundred and twenty seven.

A different person was answering the tickets but we just got excuse after excuse and promise after promise.

Eventually I dug out the email address of the chap who *used* to answer the tickets, the support manager, and he said he'd left but could still "influence things" and access the server...I think he was one of the founders of the company.

He made some tweaks but things still failed to improve, and eventually he stopped answering emails.

Tickets to the main desk only got answered if they were something simple, like correcting the server time. Anything about the speed of the server was simply closed unanswered.

After three months of appallingly slow speeds and ridiculous downtimes, I lost patience and switched to a new host before my site lost members due to the problems. I'm now on a semi-dedicated plan with a superb new host.

I'd love to know what happened to Imagelink, but I guess I'll never know.
                    I think you waited for too long. If you depend on a host for reliable service in order to run a business, one week of bad performance is too long. Get on with your life. There are thousands of hosts out there, and certainly most would welcome your business.

Peace,
                    Gene

Comment

• csingsaas
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.6.x

Gene - that was great advice. You are saying exactly what I should have done years ago.

I realize this probably isn't the proper forum to rail against a crumby web hosting provider, but here it goes anyways.

I was also a customer of ImageLink USA, between the dates of 9/2005 and 8/2008. The level of service I received kept decreasing, especially in terms of technical support responsiveness. Their website talks a good game but the follow-through just isn't there. For instance, they boast about how customer service is a top priority and that they offer 24-7 technical support. This was not the case.

For years I would battle with them, trying to get issues resolved. Often times trouble tickets would remain open for 48 hours or longer before I received a reply. They also offered a toll free sales and support phone number. During the three years that I was with the company I probably called this number 15-20 times and I never once talked with a real live person. You would call, and then you would be on hold for about 2 minutes before being directed to voice mail. Of course they never replied to any of the voice mails, I seriously doubt they even checked it.

In the case of ImageLink USA - I think they changed ownership several times. It appears each new owner is worse than the first. I seriously think that a 15 year old is running this from his parents basement at the moment.

Oh well, I've since moved all of my accounts - but it took a lot to get me to that point. More than most people would take. If I had just moved during the first wave of problems followed by the first sign of bad customer service - I would be in a lot better position. I've lost several clients due to the clowns at ImageLink USA. Of course they show no concern over that.

I suppose justice will be served soon enough - no business run in that manner can survive for to long. I see that the number of domains that they host is going down every month, figures!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...