X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stone0075
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

About Webhost

This is part of a Webhost TOS that I plan on going with. My question is at the bottom where it says unused bandwidth could someone please explain?
    Is there a hidden meaning behind this? it sounds like double talk.. lol!!

10.) Bandwidth Usage
    You are allocated 300 gigabytes monthly bandwidth allowance. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend your account until the start of the next allocation (Which is the first day of the following month).

If you exceed your monthly 300 gigabytes bandwidth allowance and desire for
    your account to remain active, you may purchase additional bandwidth at the rate of US$2.00 per gigabyte. Please contact our customer service help desk about this topic.

Unused bandwidth in one month cannot be carried over or credited in to the next month. (use it or lose it)

• Interdit
    • May 2002
    • 3.8.x

Hello,

For me, it would say that if in March you did use 250 GB, in April you won't be credited of 350 GB.

Good evening,
    Interdit
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

• stone0075
      • Apr 2006
      • 4.1.x

Thanks Interdit,
      Thats what I was thinking..

Originally posted by Interdit
      Hello,

For me, it would say that if in March you did use 250 GB, in April you won't be credited of 350 GB.

Good evening,
      Interdit

Comment

• KingSpade
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Basically, they are stating the unused bandwidth from any given month will not carry or 'roll-over' to the next month.

That statement was most likely added as a couple hosts actually do allow bandwidth to 'roll-over' (HostRocket used to, may still).

Comment

• stone0075
          • Apr 2006
          • 4.1.x

Thanks for your help

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
            • May 2003
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by KingSpade
            Basically, they are stating the unused bandwidth from any given month will not carry or 'roll-over' to the next month.

That statement was most likely added as a couple hosts actually do allow bandwidth to 'roll-over' (HostRocket used to, may still).
            Would you have a current list of web hosts who'll honor bandwidth rollovers? That's a great idea for those who buy more bandwidth than they need in the beginning, and trying to tailor size vs cost, too.

Chris
            "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
            is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• KingSpade
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

As above, HostRocket "may" still offer such, you'd need to check their website. If you search Google, you should be able to come up with a few selections.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...