Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordB
    • Dec 2001

Good host for large vb Site

Any one recomend a good hosting site to support a large vb site. We have about 100mb database and hit our max 50,000 querys per hour. we do about 50gb mo traffic.....

Thanks for any help.

LordB
  • encryption
    • May 2005

imo that isn't too large.... wanna see big boards ?

I've heard good things about ASO on here. I'd advertise but we aren't allowed to
    www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
    www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• whitetigergrowl
      • Jun 2004
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by encryption
      imo that isn't too large.... wanna see big boards ?

I've heard good things about ASO on here. I'd advertise but we aren't allowed to
      LOL So just look in his sig. BTW that didnt answer his question.

Comment

• KingSpade
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

If you're pushing 50GB's of bandwidth per month, your probably going to need to look into a semi-dedicated or VPS solution. For most shared hosts that I can run off the top of my head, 50GB's worth of activity would probably get your website suspended.

I know that ASO offers VPS as does Eleven2.com, so you may wish to check out either of them.

While your database isn't overly large (in comparison to others), you have the traffic and your using it, so it's best to go with a solution that will accept it.

Comment

• Vtec44
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.7.x

My forum is relatively small, 100GB database using about 30-40GB of bandwidth monthy. I've been with Pair.com, shared hosting for over a year and haven't had any problems yet. From that experience, I'm moving 2 of my ecommerce sites over to their server in about 1 week. They're a bit pricey but worth every penny if up time is important to you, IMHO.
          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• TheMusicMan
            • Oct 2002
            • 3.7.x

There's loads of threads on vB.com here regarding selection of suitable webhosts for your vB forum. Try doing a search on here and you will yield many results which are very informative and which you will undoubtedly find useful.

Personally, I use both ASO and Site5. I had a shared server with ASO for a few years before recently upgrading to a dedicated solution with them - which is superb.

I also find Site5 very good too, which I use for some of my smaller forums and sites. I will wait until the hosting runs out with them before moving my sites to my dedicated server with ASO.
            John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...