Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bshearer43
    • Apr 2006

Dotster - Has anyone tried this group?

Has anyone tried getting vBulletin to work on their hosting services? I have manage several domains there that I manage and it would be VERY convienant to have this as well. I have unlimited use of MySQL as well as SQL server.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Buddy
  • KingSpade
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

As with most suggestions around the hosting world, register your domains with one business, host with another. GoDaddy and Yahoo! have been favorites to pick at over the course of the past few months and many have nothing but trouble using their services.

The primary reason for this is more so because they are targetting smaller websites, static pages and the like, not active communities. Last I recall, GoDaddy ran a limited version of PHP and Yahoo may or may not do the same.

When in doubt, it'd be best to e-mail their sales department and ask them if they are capable of serving a community using vBulletin. It'd also be wise to check out www.webhostingtalk.com and run their name through the search there and see if anything comes up in regards to thier hosting services.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...