X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichM
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.0.x

Problems with ThePlanet

I have been with ThePlanet for three years and have never had any real problems.

Recently, I noticed that our overheads were a little high. Therefore, it made sense for me to cut back on our outgoings by downgrading our server.

I requested to have 1GB taken out of the server (Came with 2GB when I purchased it) ThePlanet said that it would cost me $15 to have the RAM removed and that it would reduce my monthly bill by $50. I accepted and they promptly carried out the request.

Now after the RAM had been removed, I later got an update from them saying that the RAM came with 2GB of RAM free as it was a WHT offer... (Nowhere did the offer state that the 2GB was free!) Consequently, they now refuse to lower my bill by $50 a month. (After having said that they would!)

I am ashamed by the lack of communication here. I have requested for a $15 setup fee refund and have asked for the GB of RAM to be put back in the machine again. I am pretty much expecting them to refuse the refund and to tell me that I have to pay $15 to have the RAM put back in again. If this is the case, I will be looking for a new data centre very quickly, any suggestions?

Thank you.

EDIT: They told me that they will put the RAM back in for free, but they said they would not refund me for taking it out. Hardly a good result, is it.
    Last edited by RichM; Thu 30 Mar '06, 7:20am.
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

So, at the moment, you've only lost $15?
    Forums

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

If you've had your server for a number of years, the tech possibly never referenced that far back. Someone did manually have to go to the server, remove the ram, that did cost them time and money. All and all if they are putting it back in I wouldn't complain that much.,

Comment

• encryption
        • May 2005

SuperbServers.net

I cannot stress enough how good they are. We've become resellers with them now.
        www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
        www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• RichM
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          If you've had your server for a number of years, the tech possibly never referenced that far back. Someone did manually have to go to the server, remove the ram, that did cost them time and money. All and all if they are putting it back in I wouldn't complain that much.,
          Yes, but I was given false information, and I agreed to pay a removal fee based on the information that they gave me. I basically mislead. My intentions for having the RAM removed, were to save money. In the end, I end up losing money due to lack of communication on ThePlanet's side.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
            • Sep 2001

Its $15 and sounds like a mistake on their part. They should just refund it since you've been a long standing customer.

As for hosts, I'm with simpli.biz and love the service!
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Joshs
              • Jan 2001

I wouldn't complain about $15 as long as they put the RAM back in. Its not worth the time arguing / complaining about it even though on principle they provided you with incorrect information. Try posting on their forums at: http://forums.theplanet.com

Comment

• Kyrnel
                • Jan 2001

Maybe my expectations are just not that high after working with about 50 different dedicated hosts. But I find The Planet to be the best I have worked with so far and have never had any issues with their support.
                I had them add RAM to the wrong machine once (totally my fault) and they moved it to the correct machine without charging any additional. That is the typical experience I have with them.
                I have 6 servers with them right now.

Comment

• komodo9
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 3.5.x

I have always had great experiences with The Planet.

If they have a ticket history with you, I'd insist they keep what they said about lowering your monthly bill by $50. Even if they were wrong, that's their loss. If they quote you a price, they should stick with it. I'd fight it personally.
                  BMW Forums | Car Wallpapers | Planet Yankees | My Blog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...