X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juicebox
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.6.x

webhostingbuzz.com yay? neh?

Deploy your site in a reliable hosting space and get everything you need in one place. With WebHostingBuzz, you’ll always have a trusted partner by your side.

Has anyone had any experience with them? I have a friend who is currently using them and said they are great but I would like to hear from the vB community what's the scoop on these guys? Seem very cheap which is a plus but anyone know how there uptimes and service is? Also how can I find out if a host has GD or Imagemagik installed because on my current host i've been trying to get them to install it for me but I am just being ignored which is quite annoying.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Have you tried asking? Quiet possibly the best suggestion I have, contact them, see if they are willing to work with you and how fast they anwser presales questions. If they have a public forum check it out. Personally for me its a turn off if a webhost doesn't have some form of public communitication area.

Comment

• juicebox
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.6.x

No I haven't contacted them at all I was just seeing what had to be said by you fellow vB'ers

Comment

• KingSpade
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Looks to be yet another case of massive overselling of services. Their smallest hosting package boasts 3GB's of disk space and nearly 100GB's of bandwidth for $3.00 per month.

While I can't say anything good or bad about their service, we've all heard stories from similiar hosts offering such packages, such as DreamHost.

Comment

• encryption
          • May 2005

or BlueHost....

What KingSpade said.... that's just ridiculous overselling. I'd say check them out on WHT before you nose dive into anything
          www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
          www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• WHBCTO
            • Apr 2006

Hi, I am the Chief Technical Officer from WebHostingBuzz.

It seems a little 'wrong' that some of our competitors advised against us, prompting me to reply here.

Yes, we do provide budget-level webhosting. However, we have over 10,000 very satisfied clients, some of whom use up to the allocations we provide.

We do have a 30 day money back guarantee in place for peace of mind should you decide we are not the right host for you.

I could not find any rules prohibiting me replying here but if I have broken some, then apologies for this and please remove this post.

Regards
            WHB CTO

Comment

• encryption
              • May 2005

Originally posted by WHBCTO
              Hi, I am the Chief Technical Officer from WebHostingBuzz.

It seems a little 'wrong' that some of our competitors advised against us, prompting me to reply here.

Yes, we do provide budget-level webhosting. However, we have over 10,000 very satisfied clients, some of whom use up to the allocations we provide.

We do have a 30 day money back guarantee in place for peace of mind should you decide we are not the right host for you.

I could not find any rules prohibiting me replying here but if I have broken some, then apologies for this and please remove this post.

Regards
              WHB CTO

Sorry but our responses weren't meant to be a stab in the back. Just that majority of the oversellers in the market have tainted the impression / reputation of the few dependable webhosts out there. If you have 10,000 clients to back up your statements, then yes I would give them a shot. That is not a small number to manage by any standards.

Good Luck
              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...