X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tophman
    • Dec 2005

Newbie....ease of use host...Help!

Hello.
    I am a first timer looking for a host that is easy to use as far as getting started. I have my domain at GoDaddy but have heard differing opinions regarding using them to host with. I have researched till I am more confused but seem to have found the following hosts as getting good reviews.
    A Small Orange
    LunarPages
    Bluehost
    and HostGator to name a few....

Supposedly the following list shows hosts good with SQL type forums.
    ******Borrowed from Hosting-Review*****
    If anyone could make a suggestion I would really appreciate it.
    THANKS!!
    1Lunarpages
    Visit Site
    $7.95
    5000 MB
    400 GB
    Read Review21and1 Hosting
    Visit Site
    $2.99
    5000 MB
    250 GB
    Read Review3Site5 Hosting
    Visit Site
    $6.95
    5000 MB
    100 GB
    Read Review4Globat Hosting 10000 MB 300 GB Read Review5Micfo Hosting5000 MB* 250 GB* Read Review6IX Web Hosting
    Visit Site
    $3.95
    10000 MB
    100 GB
    Read Review7Host Excellence
    Visit Site
    $2.95
    50 MB
    10 GB
    Read Review8iPowerWeb
    Visit Site
    $6.95
    10000 MB
    250 GB
    Read Review9StartLogic
    Visit Site
    $4.17*
    5000 MB
    100 GB
    Read Review10
  • Digital2
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.6.x

Well...

Forgive my scepticism but I find it hard to believe that any host with those prices could possibly be offering outstanding support. Depending on what you are planning for your site, of course, data transfer and disk space are secondary to good support where a beginner is concerned. If you need a space to put your site up and get your feet wet then I can supply it for you. I can even help you with the software installation. You won't have any concerns as far as disk space or bandwidth as it is a very fast dedicated box (Dual Opteron 8GB RAM) which only has my site on it. I can give you access to Fantastico which will make installing scripts on your site very simple. I work during the week so I cannot promise 24-7 support. I am only home around 3PM or so Mon-Sat. If you want to try this option just send an email to mailto:[email protected] and I will get you set up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...