Does my host have right vesions of the software and do I need to move on?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dennisuello
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Does my host have right vesions of the software and do I need to move on?

I am currently hosted on splicehost.com and so far it's been very good. However I am having a problem with "Forbidden" messages randomly appearing on the forum and admin cp when loading new pages. I suspect my host is not up to task to handle my forum, as we've grown significantly over past couple months and that hen the problems began.

Here are some specs of the host and on my site. Do I need a dedicated solution? Or is any of the host software needs to be updated?

Disk usage - 897.60 Megabytes
    SQL Disk usage - 130.75 Megabytes
    Disk space available - 302.40 Megabytes
    Bandwidth usage(current month) - 11627.16 Megabytes
    Apache version - 1.3.34 (Unix)
    PERL version - 5.8.7
    PHP version - 4.3.11
    MySQL version - 4.0.25-standard

Threads: 2,206
    Members: 460
    Active Members: 256
    Up to 50 active users simultaneously, but usually 20 or so.
    I have Photopost Gallery, vBadvanced CMPS, vBspell and PhpAdsNew installed.
    Reno4x4.com
    OverlandHUB.com
  • encryption
    • May 2005

with 50 active users, you can still pull through on a shared account, though with all the mods, I'd play it safe and look for a decent semi-dedicated server
    www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
    www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• Digital2
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by dennisuello
      Here are some specs of the host and on my site. Do I need a dedicated solution? Or is any of the host software needs to be updated?

Disk usage - 897.60 Megabytes
      SQL Disk usage - 130.75 Megabytes
      Disk space available - 302.40 Megabytes
      Bandwidth usage(current month) - 11627.16 Megabytes
      Apache version - 1.3.34 (Unix)
      PERL version - 5.8.7
      PHP version - 4.3.11
      MySQL version - 4.0.25-standard

Threads: 2,206
      Members: 460
      Active Members: 256
      Up to 50 active users simultaneously, but usually 20 or so.
      I have Photopost Gallery, vBadvanced CMPS, vBspell and PhpAdsNew installed.
      A lot depends on the host. While I run more current versions of this software on my own box the versions you listed are not bad at all. They are all stable. The performance of your site depends more on cpu / memory usage. Figures that you may not have direct access to (Depending on your host). If your host has 300 sites crammed on a Dual 1.4 GHZ Xeon Server with 1GB of RAM then that could be an issue. If they are not oversellers you might be ok. It also depends on how many databases the server is running. Find a good VPS or low-end dedicated box. http://www.hostforweb.com might be a good place to look.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...