X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingSpade
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Cromulent
    He didn't say you would get suspended from a dedicated, he said you may not get an option to upgrade your shared account to a dedicated as they may just suspend your account.

Well thats how I read it anyway.
    More so correct . I don't hear of DS suspensions that often, though those that come about are suspended due to network violations and things of that nature, not forum traffic.

As for shared hosting, honestly, if the community above is pressing 100+ users online, I would most likely (without knowing who the host is) would say the host either does not monitor the websites or the server is nearly empty. The 100+ mark is a sure sign to really start looking into a dedicated, or at the least, VPS.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
      • Jan 2006

Hm, well I have seen forums that have over 100+ members online and they are on a shared server

Take an example like: http://IFSZ.net

It may be another forum software, but it shows you a shared server is ok to run on. =/

P.S: I posted this some where else, on this forum.

Comment

• KingSpade
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by echo_unlimited
        Hm, well I have seen forums that have over 100+ members online and they are on a shared server

Take an example like: http://IFSZ.net

It may be another forum software, but it shows you a shared server is ok to run on. =/

P.S: I posted this some where else, on this forum.
        Yeah, was viewing that post when I was making the second paragraph of the post above this one .

Comment

• Joshs
          • Jan 2001

These hosts that offer 30GB/300GB for less than $10/month typically lack credibility. While those numbers look great on paper, many find that servers are overloaded and service stinks.

Good luck.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
            • Jan 2006

=(

Well the support seems quite good, I can get an answer in about 20 minutes, but the server overloads I am not to sure on, but who knows this maybe a decent host.

Comment

• encryption
              • May 2005

since you've posted about this host in 2 places....

Greetings, I am looking for a new host for my forum, with no more then 70 users on at the same time. Currently it has more then one thousand posts, and 200 members. I don't wantg to pay much. Thank you.
              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...