First Week at Hostgator

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curtis H.
    • Dec 2003

Thanks for the update wii. Glad to hear you're still happy with Hostgator.
    :cool:

Comment

• WireNine.com
      • Jun 2005
      • 3.8.x

I pulled all 3 of my sites and went to cari.net , who have been the absolute best by far I have ever used and got my own dedicated server for less than hostgator charges for a semi dedicated.

Oh also, they try to still bill you after you close your account with them.
      The reason you're more happy with your new host is most likely because your own a dedicated server and not sharing your resources with anyone else.

Did you fill out a cancellation form when you canceled your account with them? or did you just stop paying and think that they will stop billing you eventually?
      ■█► WireNine.com Web Hosting 8+ years in business!
      ■█► Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting 24/7 Support 99.9% Uptime 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
      ■█► cPanel, Litespeed, CloudFlare, Softaculous, Attracta SEO, Site Builder
      ■█► Find us on Facebook and follow us @wirenine

Comment

• greersfos
        • Jul 2006
        • 3.6.x

I have had a reseller Aluminum plan with HostGator for over two years. I have had very few problems. One billing problem was solved with a complete refund after it was traced. I once had a problem that turned out to be ev1.net's fault. Brent (HG owner) actually talked with me on the phone on a weekend to help solve the problem.

They do keep a very close eye on resource usage and will pull the plug if your site is causing a problem. That can be good for others on your server but devastating on you and your customers. I have several low volume sites. I have never had a problem.

My highest volume site was a phpbb2 that I just switched over to vBulletin last week. I upgraded to 3.6.0 yesterday and then patched the pdf problem. I appreciate the control features, documentation, and support that vBulletin provides.

Jeff
        http://docfortress.com

Comment

• zendiver
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.5.x

The prices and options for cari.net are awesome. Anyone else have dealings with them?
          Check out my latest Dive Videos.
          Spend your surface interval at www.zendiving.com

Comment

• vinzphua
            • Sep 2004
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by workplaybiz
            Do you host a vBulletin forum at HostGator? If you host a vBulletin forum at HostGator then how many members does your site have? How fast is the forum. Do you get any complaints from members? Does HostGator limit you on the amount of CPU time you can have? Do they limit you or have they limited you in any way besides the amount of space and monthly bandwith?
            I just checked with them a couple of days ago. There is a limit of 25 concurrent SQL connections and limit of 25% usage of system resources for mroe then 90 seconds. It's in the TOS at the bottom of their webpages. Quoting it:
            7.) Resource Usage
            User may not:
            a) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
            b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
            c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
            d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
            e) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client.
            f) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
            g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1492, etc
            h) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes

When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
            Vincent
            Running vBulletin for AquaticQuotient.com - a community of aquarium lovers

Comment

• wii
              • Sep 2000
              • 3.8.x

I haven´t had any problems with Hostgator at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...