Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simple_john
    • Mar 2005

Your host...Shared, VPS or Dedicated

We have been on shared for 10 months but have been told by our host that we have been using > 10% of their servers resources.. and were suspended... at the time we wereusing 18% of their CPU and 11% of their memory.. We were told we would need to update our service...

we are opting to go to a VPS...

At any given time we have about 50-60 users and about 50-70 guests and/or bots.....

for the day total we have about 225 guests log on....

anyone with similar stats ? can you tell me:
    1. What type of server do you use
    2. who is your host and whats the approximate cost per month
    3. Are you happy with your host?

Thanks for the info
  • Joshs
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by simple_john
    We have been on shared for 10 months but have been told by our host that we have been using > 10% of their servers resources.. and were suspended... at the time we wereusing 18% of their CPU and 11% of their memory.. We were told we would need to update our service...

we are opting to go to a VPS...

At any given time we have about 50-60 users and about 50-70 guests and/or bots.....

for the day total we have about 225 guests log on....

anyone with similar stats ? can you tell me:
    1. What type of server do you use
    2. who is your host and whats the approximate cost per month
    3. Are you happy with your host?

Thanks for the info
    With the minimum of 100 currently active users, I'd say its time to move to dedicated. I recommend that you take a look at The Planet / Server Matrix.

Comment

• KingSpade
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

Once you've hit the 100-150 user mark, VPS won't really do too much more for you to be honest. Dedicated is what you're nearing and what you should be looking at.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...