Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doctor Swole
    • Jan 2006

I dont want to use my email....

Well I recently purchased the medium shared web hosting plan from ASO. Well anyway's im in the Cpanel and I see at the top it says

Please update your contact information here

So I click it and then it takes me to this page where it says
    This email address will serve as a point of contact for this domain name (notmydomain.com)

then it says contact email and it has my personal email address I use for friends and family and I dont want people messaging me to that email address once my web site goes up and running.

I want to use another one and I heard ASO comes with unlimited emails so you could make an email using there company or something like that, is that what you guys do and how do I go on doing that? Appreciate any help, thanks.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You should use an email that is not from your domain name, like a hotmail or gmail account.

No one aside from A Small Orange will be able to contact you, they are the only people who can see it and I can only assume under good faith would never be sold or used for ill will. Its simply a notifcation point of system/server/network outageds / downtime

Comment

• Doctor Swole
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Zachery
      You should use an email that is not from your domain name, like a hotmail or gmail account.

No one aside from A Small Orange will be able to contact you, they are the only people who can see it and I can only assume under good faith would never be sold or used for ill will. Its simply a notifcation point of system/server/network outageds / downtime
      So you would recommend me to use a hotmail account?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I'd honestly recomend you use whatever email you use for pesonal matters, as long as you are checking it constantly.

This email will also allow you to reset / reaccess your account incase you lose your info. Its not somthing you want to lose hold of or access to.

Comment

• Doctor Swole
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Zachery
          I'd honestly recomend you use whatever email you use for pesonal matters, as long as you are checking it constantly.

This email will also allow you to reset / reaccess your account incase you lose your info. Its not somthing you want to lose hold of or access to.
          So it would be best probably to create a new hotmail account that I will check on a daily basis just for my new site so it wont get cluttered up with all my other junk I have in my personal email address I would assume. Also, just curious, how do you get your own email address for example you guys that have a webmaster@VBULLETIN.com. How do you do that, I would like to know because it would seem a little more professional than a hotmail account hahaha.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

We have a mail server that runs on the machine we are hosted on. Its sorta complcated to get into all of it. You can do this with your own hosting

Comment

• Doctor Swole
              • Jan 2006

Will ASO charge me, or does it come included with my medium shared web hostin plan?

wait but didnt you say I should use an email account from my domain name?

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

99% of the time it'd come with your hosting plan.

Comment