Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bellamyj
    • Jan 2006

vB on Dreamhost - 60 CPU minutes /day

I know there's another recent thread on here about Dreamhost, but I just contacted DreamHost about their server usage. I asked them about their usage and that I was interested in having a vB message board with about 2000-3000 members on my shared plan. They replied:

Originally posted by DreamHost Sales Report
    Our CPU minute usage has stayed the same. You are allowed 60 CPU minutes per day. You should be fine with vBulletin as long as you don't use any resource intensive plug-ins. You can find more information on CPU usage and how to manage it here:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/...ry:CPU_Minutes
    I wanted to get some feedback from vB users on the usage of such a site. The all inclusive question... just how much is 60 CPU minutes /day? I will not be allowing picture signatures or guests. I'm not 100% on what else I will allow/dis-allow. I know I have the disk space and bandwidth for such a site, but I'm concerned on the "point" of where I need to switch to a dedicated server as this all contributes into the factors that will produce the sponsor/advertiser pricing.

System:
    60 CPU minutes /day
    21480 MB disk space
    1056 GB /mo bandwidth
  • NineToez
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

And these guys have $7.77/year special going on. I don't think 60 CPU minutes/day sounds reasonable with vB; I've run into problems with my host for having a shoutbox that messed with their resources.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...