X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cork
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Input please

as some of you know, im new, i have been looking for hosting, basically from input from this forum,,My forum will be poker forum,, i think im setteled in this, but would like to know if its ok,

GENERAL ACCOUNT FEATURESROCKETthreeRAID Protected Storage Space
    3000mb
    High Availability Bandwidth (w/ Month to Month Rollover)
    100gb
    Advanced Easy-To-Use Control Panel
    yes
    24/7 Live Support
    yes
    Domains Per Account
    HUGE Pre-Installed Script Library
    yes
    Money Back Guarantee
    yes
    PRICING DETAILS - EXTEND YOUR PLAN AND SAVE ANYTIME! TERM RATE1 Month Price
    19.95 /mo.
    3 Month Price
    16.95 /mo.
    6 Month Price
    13.95 /mo.
    12 Month Price
    12.95 /mo.
    24 Month Price - SALE
    11.95 /mo.
    Domain Registration
    $20.00/yr.

thanks in advance.
    Corky
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
  • Curtis H.
    • Dec 2003

Corky,

You've got plan payments ranging from 3 months to 2 years. Not sure if you are looking at the 24 month plan or not but strongly advise against that with ANY hosting provider.

HostRocket has been in business for some time so I doubt they are going anywhere but the biggest complaints I have heard about them aside from support is having sites shut down for using to much server resources. Now, you can take that anyway you want. I'm just throwing a headsup your way from what I have read in the past. HR also has been known to removed negative comments from their support forums so that might not be an accurate measurement as to support and service.

I realize the package looks nice and all but that won't do you any good if you're site/forum is shut down.

Search some of the more popular webhosting forums and judge for yourself.
    :cool:

Comment

• Cork
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

thank you very much,,,,,im still looking,,,,and will let you know whats going on,,Happy New Year,,

Comment

• Cork
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.5.x

omg im getting a headache,,,,i have been looking around,,,,,im confused can some tell me if 10 gb bandwidth per day is good(300gb) per month,,im opening a poker forum I dont know how much traffic i'll be getting,,but i dont want to come up short,,,or go overkill,,how to estimate,when you dont know,,what is a good bandwidth & storage space for a poker forum,,once i know,im on my way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hope.thank you & sry for being a pain

Comment

• Cork
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.5.x

OK Update,Im on my way,,,,im like a kid with a new toy,,,,and allot of headaches to come,,,I went with ************,,my domain is
          thebestdamnpokerforumperiod.com
          i know its long but catchy dont ya think lol

just keeping you updated on the newbie

yeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaawwwww

Comment

• KingSpade
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.5.x

To be honest, is you're blowing through 10GB's of bandwidth per day (or 300GB's per month), you're beyond shared hosting services and more so in the dedicated range.

Most new websites won't even use more than 1-2GB's per month and those that really advertise probably no more than 5-10GB's per month, if that. Of course, it really depends on what all you're doing (i.e. image hosting, uploads, downloads, etc).

Good luck with your new host, let us know how all fairs . Best of luck with your website as well. I admit is is long, but it does have a name I could remember pretty easy given a few visits.

Comment

• encryption
              • May 2005

Yes do let us know how it goes. Commenting on some of your requirements.... the pre-installed script is nothing but fantastico installed on the server which gives CPanel the option to install scripts on demand.

I've never heard of a host rolling over Bandwidth too..... be sure to read their terms of service before you dive into it. You dont wanna be stuck with some obscure requirement for that.
              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

• Cork
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.5.x

just to let you know,im still here,,i switched forum to xxxx.thebestdamnpokerforum.com(w/o the period) screwed up my host lol,,but they are great told me i can start uploading ip,,and it will take 24 hours to switch over,,,im still trying to figure all this config stuff out,by the time i get it my lic will expire,but like i said im on a friggin quest,,,to prove people wrong,,,,,example im looking for old west saloon style/theme,,,peeps said you can get that no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah your using vb,so i guess your screwed,,,schit like that,,,if i had the money i'd hire people to help me so i can blow there minds,,,,but im content & confident,that i will succeed,,,,,thank you all for the help you have given me !

Comment

• NineToez
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by KingSpade
                  Most new websites won't even use more than 1-2GB's per month and those that really advertise probably no more than 5-10GB's per month, if that. Of course, it really depends on what all you're doing (i.e. image hosting, uploads, downloads, etc).
                  That sounds about right. My small forums averages 4 ~ 6 GB/mo., however the server resources with some plugins and services might get you shut down.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...